• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ups

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[With regard to the “networking” for a management position, I realize this is an anonymous board and you’re always wondering who’s telling the truth and who’s baiting, but I promise you I personally know 3 people who recently interviewed for management positions with no recommendations whatsoever. In fact, one guy just called to ask if HR had received his resume and was scheduled for an interview right then. In other words, it's easier to get in as management than it is to get hired as a line pilot.

Getting an interview for the FMS position is not easy at all. From what I was told by HR during my interview, over 800 applied for the position, 100 were called in for the 1st interview, less then half are invited back for the second interview, few make it to the hiring pool.

RGPilot said:
Getting an interview for the FMS position is not easy at all. From what I was told by HR during my interview, over 800 applied for the position, 100 were called in for the 1st interview, less then half are invited back for the second interview, few make it to the hiring pool.
I didn't say it was easy to get in as a manager...I said it was easier than getting in as a line pilot.

By your own numbers, 100 of 800 getting called for an interview...or simply 1 out of 8...the odds of getting called to interview for management are much better than the odds of getting called for a line interview. I honestly don't know how many line-pilot applications are currently on file or how many of those have recommendations, but I do know it's in the thousands.

With hiring numbers of roughly 300 pilots per year, a 1 in 8 shot of getting an interview for a management position is a hell of a lot better than the odds of getting called for a line-pilot slot.

RB

Latest resources

Back