• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ups

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guam - if I were you, I'd enroll in ANY online B.S. course and a month or so later go to a job fair and show them in person that you're attempting to get the degree. Maybe, they'll like your attitude (not to mention your experience) and will call you for an interview. Good luck to you!

Quite a few guys have been hired in the past year at UPS who are non-degree guys. (typed on the MD11 though).

Maybe that's what you need Guam360...an MD11 type rating!!

It ain't impossible. Like some guys will try to make you believe.

Got your app in?

Quite a few guys have been hired in the past year at UPS who are non-degree guys. (typed on the MD11 though).

Maybe that's what you need Guam360...an MD11 type rating!!

It ain't impossible. Like some guys will try to make you believe.

Got your app in?

Quite a few means 3 or 4 out of the nearly 400 hired since 9/11. Like you said it ain't impossible, but highly unlikely.

ok, no MD type for me, upgrade is possible in a couple years, no more crying about the degree, who can cough the available bachelor programs out there. Lil Jerry?
No more Riddle. TESC looks possible, anything else?
AV8OR?

ok, no MD type for me, upgrade is possible in a couple years, no more crying about the degree, who can cough the available bachelor programs out there. Lil Jerry?
AV8OR?

Depends where you live. I've never seen anything about it having to be a highly rated or even regionally accredited school. Regionally accredited means it's academically respected, while nationally accredited means you won't be getting accepted into Harvard grad school with that degree. Look for ones that advertise that they are nationally acrredited, which again does not mean much in the academic world. All you want to have is the ability to put that you have a bachelors degree on a resume right?

Try American Military University, which is now American National University I think.

AV8OR?

Guam – I wish I knew which university is the best and the cheapest to go to, however I really don’t. My former university MTSU has numerous online courses but I am not sure if you could complete the entire degree online. I googled “accredited online BS degree” and came up with several great links. Choose the cheapest one and also one that gives you most credits for the courses you've taken in the past. I hope someone here with better information will give you some additional feedback.

Of course there are no guarantees that this will give you an interview but I agree with LJS – they have hired pilots without a degree however they are a very tiny minority. If you succeed in getting hired, and based on your experience I think you will, the extra effort and the extra money you might have to spend on finishing your degree is just peanuts to the overall benefits you’ll be getting here. It’s definitely worth it! Again, good luck!

http://www.elearners.com/online-degrees/
http://www.elearners.com/online-degrees/aviation.htm
http://www.elearners.com/online-degrees/web-design.htm
http://www.educationdegreesource.com/degree_levels_page.php?level_id=2

Do you guys know if the FE written is still one of the requirements to apply for UPS?

Yes it is and it must be taken within last 24 months (in other words they do not accept the part 121 airline exemption) You’ll probably never work as an FE but they stil want you to have the FE written…

I can't figure out how to submit a resume or are they just not taking them? So you need your FE written and 1000 TPIC. Is there a minimum total time requirement too? Anything else that you might need to be able to apply? Thanks in advance.

I can't figure out how to submit a resume or are they just not taking them? So you need your FE written and 1000 TPIC. Is there a minimum total time requirement too? Anything else that you might need to be able to apply? Thanks in advance.
They haven’t been “taking resumes” for quite some time (1-2 years) as they switched to an online application. You could still copy and paste parts of your resume to the online application – I hope I understood your question correctly.

Also, currently the online application window is closed which is why you cannot find a link on www.upsjobs.com. It’s been closed for several months. Supposedly they’ll reopen it in a few weeks or months? Who knows?

As far as what’s required? Well, 1,000 turbine PIC, FE written (completed within 24 months), transoceanic experience as a PIC or an SIC (once you fill out the online application I believe you’ll be asked which region: Europe, Asia, etc.), college degree is preferred, can’t remember if it’s required.

Latest resources

Back