Ups

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes...

Yes. Very recently they hired somebody I know personally despite his not having a BS/BA, etc. However, he was typed in the -11 and that seems to trump any concerns the HR folks might have. So, w/ your experience, I'd keep your hopes up seeing as though they'll be looking for 74 types here shortly.

So you're saying there's a chance....(dumb and dumber) sweet, I just one of those scooter things Jim Carey had.

heck yea man, no love over there. I have been applying for many years, just no degree.

I figured it out, kook, how are you dude?
BW is in GUM since July 8th, I think. Oh well. He helped me, along with others but hasn't happened.
UPS would be great, especially MIA base!

I figured it out, kook, how are you dude?
BW is in GUM since July 8th, I think. Oh well. He helped me, along with others but hasn't happened.
UPS would be great, especially MIA base!

Guam360--

You were job searching way back in 2004-2005 when I was. You gave me some advice on HPA and SWA.

How is it that you can afford a 737 type, but do not have the money to finish a 4 year degree? I certainly don't mean to bust your chops, but there are some extremely easy bachelor degrees out there. Sure you may get hired somewhere without a degree, but your chances are so much greater with one.

If I was a hiring person at FDX, UPS, SWA or anywhere, I would be impressed with your resume. However, I would equate your not having a degree with a lack of interest in my company. I earned my MBA while deployed to the desert. In between deployments I went to night classes. There are so many applicants right now that have all the squares filled. I think it would be very hard to get a call without a degree.

I wish you luck, but still think there is a lot you could do to improve your chances. FWIW.

Guam360--

You were job searching way back in 2004-2005 when I was. You gave me some advice on HPA and SWA.

How is it that you can afford a 737 type, but do not have the money to finish a 4 year degree? I certainly don't mean to bust your chops, but there are some extremely easy bachelor degrees out there. Sure you may get hired somewhere without a degree, but your chances are so much greater with one.

If I was a hiring person at FDX, UPS, SWA or anywhere, I would be impressed with your resume. However, I would equate your not having a degree with a lack of interest in my company. I earned my MBA while deployed to the desert. In between deployments I went to night classes. There are so many applicants right now that have all the squares filled. I think it would be very hard to get a call without a degree.

I wish you luck, but still think there is a lot you could do to improve your chances. FWIW.

G360 - this is some great advice - I agree with LJS 100%

true, true, about the type and money story, at the time, I was at a regional and lots of PIC jet, turbine, whatever, and people /friends were all saying, "Oh you have lots of time, SWA will hire you, you don't need a degree there, blah, blah, I was aiming for a way out of the regional, go to SWA and then launch to something bigger and better.", Bigger and better is just a figure of speech. Having been at a 'major'.
Plus I tried to value the type rating at more than just an opportunity at SWA but a type on something recognizable in the industry and reputable. I figured I would try to deduct some of it, etc. anyway, I attempted to got back to Riddle night school and online just after, actually online because I wasn't in MCO anymore, I was in Naples, Fl and only had online available, this was also expensive, I picked three classes and ended failing two. one was Aviation Law which was a requirement. I then decided now difficult it was and how UN-interested I was in that degree program. I considered Barry U. and researched others. Then soon after JB hired me and I was drinking the cool aid and then recently realized that wasn't that great and where I didn't want to be, now training on the 747, again training on something I know, airplanes, so whether its my time as in this case or money like the 737 type, this is something I understand and do well unlike Algebra and Physics.
I don't know, maybe I could try it again after my training here is done. Thomas Edison State Univ. looked do-able. Any suggestions.
Thanks for remembering from before, and the advice, you too AV8TOR.
I do have the AS with Embry-Riddle which I did while flying the Brasilia out of Orlando for three years. All night classes two times a week until I finished.
I might as well toot my own horn since i am on a roll, I am one of only three US Navy Deep Sea Divers in the Airline business. There might be one frog out there, or others.
Training under pressure in a potentially stressful team/crew environment and possible life changing decisions to be made, is something I do well and would hope is considered in my employment attempt with UPS, not my college degree. As many may know on here, college for many was just a party while many of us were in the Gulf war, and earned good conduct medals and other commendations. (7 years)

sorry, I'm done....

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back