• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I put in my application two days ago. It says that I am active. How long did it take before it told you that you were not competitive or it sent you the link for the online assessment?

Scott

How did you attach a resume?

By going through the My Job Inquiries link on the site, and after entering your SSAN and password, it comes up with a table that shows status, date, and at the end it has a "select" link. Your status box shows "on file" instead of "active"? Can you click on the "select" link? If so, then the place to upload your resume is at the bottom of the application page that will come up.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. Still no word on the results of the online assessment, so I've no plans to go changing my screen name just yet... And a fine job picking up on the RUSH reference, Mooseflyer! We're a small but devoted fan base:beer:. Only been to 10 concerts in my life, but 8 of them have been RUSH. They'll be in our area in July as well, but if I miss them because I'm trying to figure out how to fly anything painted brown and white, you won't hear me complain!

Scott, I got the link the very next day. See above a couple of posts for more info. Good luck!

Last edited:
I put in my application two days ago. It says that I am active. How long did it take before it told you that you were not competitive or it sent you the link for the online assessment?

Scott

It told me immediately that there were more qualified applicants and that I would not proceed in the process. I was not invited to fill out the on-line assessment. I've heard from some that they are not happy with the current screening process and that they may call back some who have received the message I did. Hope your results turn out better.

It told me immediately that there were more qualified applicants and that I would not proceed in the process. I was not invited to fill out the on-line assessment. I've heard from some that they are not happy with the current screening process and that they may call back some who have received the message I did. Hope your results turn out better.

I know a guy with 4900TT, 1300 PIC, and 500 in MD-11's international, NAT, etc.. and he got the same message.. what's your break down?

Aye, Laddie, now there's the rub!

that's more than others have gotten on with, why you think he needed more time?

That's only 50 or 60 flights and less than a year's experience in the 11.
The other 4000 hours is the lion's share of his expriece, and no telling what that is. What was the PIC logged in? From what I've seen, UPS seems to want you to have been with your current employer for a year or more. One guy was turned down after being on less than six months with World (they require a contract, I think 2 years). He didn't seem to understand how that might be looked at as a negative thing.
I'd tell him to wait six months and apply again.

Can anyone please explain to me the difference between "active" and "on file"? I filled out the First Officer app on 4/12 and initially was told there were too many applicants. Now my First Officer application says active though my second officer app shows on file.

Any clarifications would be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back