Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS wannabe's.... UPS is toying with you, seeing how "bad" you want it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dumb question but if I filled out an app online January 30, is that considered a 2007 app? When I go to inquiries it says "Active".

More UPS questions

Question for Mega/767 or BBDC8:

Anybody heard of UPS caring if you left your previous employer on short notice, or even no notice to come to a UPS class?

Currently seeing a bad work situation get worse on my way out.

350corp

Anybody heard of UPS caring if you left your previous employer on short notice, or even no notice to come to a UPS class?

350corp

I wish I could answer that but I really don't know.

350corp

To answer your question literally, I have never heard of them caring. Doesn't mean that they don't, but the reality is it is none of their business. If they offered you a date, they must know how much notice they gave you. Even if you sat on that notice and didn't tell your employer, what can they do about it?

I've been where you are, actually gave notice and was called every name in the book by a guy that ran a flight school. Multi engine time awaited which would allow me to do what I needed to do in the big picture. He may have been right in the names he called me <G> but I left for the greater good. Your life is a business. Don't feel bad because your current employer wasn't able to offer you as good of a deal as UPS did. That is their problem, not yours.

To answer your question literally, I have never heard of them caring. Doesn't mean that they don't, but the reality is it is none of their business. If they offered you a date, they must know how much notice they gave you. Even if you sat on that notice and didn't tell your employer, what can they do about it?

I've been where you are, actually gave notice and was called every name in the book by a guy that ran a flight school. Multi engine time awaited which would allow me to do what I needed to do in the big picture. He may have been right in the names he called me <G> but I left for the greater good. Your life is a business. Don't feel bad because your current employer wasn't able to offer you as good of a deal as UPS did. That is their problem, not yours.

Ditto. Before coming here, I had started with a new "company", if you can call them that. Resigned with a 2 week notice - never spent money on me in the sim or anything. Received nasty emails from the chief pilot/DO saying that I didn't even have the courtesy of giving them a letter. Well, everything was in order; they just cared not to look. Once you have that offer, they shouldn't care. Companies do the short-call all the time. As long as you didn't lie on your app or anything dishonest like that, I personally wouldn't sweat it.

Don't give up seniority, especially at a company like UPS, just to give your old company a courtesy departure call. About the only reason I could think otherwise is if your old company treated you well, and then only if you are under the impression that you need to stay in their good graces should you need to come crawling back. My company re-hired quite a few back while we were hiring post 9/11 when everyone was getting laid off by the legacies, so long as they gave sufficient notice (being liked certainly helped, too - not everyone that wanted to come back was "invited"). Hopefully, that won't be an issue at either Fed Ex or UPS. Ever.

Latest resources

Back