• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to stop hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I just spent a late hot trying to sleep on a lazy boy...maybe I need to bid the Z.

Speaking of which....when are they going to get us the beds we are supposed to get? They'll probably start working on them a week before the deadline! I am surprised more people have not brought this up....then again I haven't been in the ASC lately.

Mega,
Hate to highjack a thread, Well since you ask, I figure I will answer. To further illistrate my frustration with UPS management, here is both a non specific answer to the "beds" question and an illistration of how UPS makes things just plain rediculous for the pilot group. (I know, who doesnt right... )

I spoke with the UPS manager personally about the issus of beds and yes they are currently working on them. When will they be ready for the pilot group? She could nto give me an answer, but probably the day before the contract says they will be ready... Here is the good part of my conversation, I will not go into great detail, but you can call me, Im on the union website and I will fill you in on my entire conversation with this person (by the way, I reported my conversation with the UPS manager to the IPA)

Specifically, she started ridiculing the fact that the pilots want lockers, "for what reason would a bunch of pilots want lockers?" were her words. I gave my answer, then I said to her, Im more concerned about internet because when I fly the line, I dont sleep while in the NASC, I like to surf the net. She informed me that internet would not be that difficult, I was happy and asked her when the highspeed wireless would be available and she notified me that the contract doesnt not specifically require them to put highspeed wireless in the facilities and that they had planned on putting hardwire outlets for connection by crewmembers. I asked how many she had planned on putting in and she said that the contract did not specify say how many so they were only planning on putting in a couple. Yes, that is right, how many hunderds of pilots in the NASC every night and we get two internet connections...

Im really abreviating my conversaation, again, call me and Ill let you know my whole conversation with her. Needess to say, the union was happy I had given them this info...

BBDC8

Hey Arch,

Did you know anyone at Brown before you got the call? I have my stuff in online, but it only lists it as "On File", not "Active" like my 2006 2nd Officer app. I went to the Air Inc. dealio, but no luck yet. Any tips?
Thanks,
BS

Well I guess all the rumors of a hiring stoppage were grossly exagerated.....

I started at UPS today....class of 9....all went to the 757/767 in ONT. Feb 7th (or thereabouts) class of 9 is scheduled, all MD-11s split between ANC and SDF.

Phil Donahue said that the classes might not be as big while they re-train the 727 guys, but there will be classes every month, sometimes 2 classes per month. Enjoy.

Damn, no JetBluesers...

I don't have flight times, but most of this class came from passenger and cargo airlines with a ton of heavy/international experience....we had guys from World, Cathay Pacific, Polar, Atlas, Delta, US Air, JAL (Wasinc), and NWA. A very highly qualified bunch of pilots in this class.

Latest resources

Back