UPS to stop hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyfishin,

Did you get the call for a class or are you still in the Pool. When did you interview?

I interview in Dec, in the pool patiently waiting for the call.

Thanks and congrats.

They sent me the paperwork for the drug test and said when the results come back they'll call me with a class date. They never said anything about a pool, but who knows.

I work for UPS and I can tell you that he is right about what he says. UPS is a difficult place to work and for most people, a HUGH dissappointment compared to whatever expectation you may have before you actually get hired here... If there are UPS pilots on flightinfo that do not know this, give it time... UPS will prove me right... Like any airline, there are some good and bad things, but UPS will far exceed the bad in ANY category... The pay and retirment will help mend the bitter taste in your mouth while their screwing you...

Unless I missed something, I think you made a mistake banning 80for80...

BBDC8,
We've had this discussion before and I respect your opinion.....

HOWEVER, I will say working at UPS has not been a disappointment for me. I knew what I was getting into when I came here and it has been fine. Of course there are shady things but they are not isolated to UPS. I am sorry that the company has not lived up to expectations you may have had before you left your previous airline. I have experience with 3 other airlines and UPS BY FAR is the best place out of all. You have told me before that if you had a seniority number at American, you would go back upon recall. Were you truly serious? There are a few airlines hiring right now.....SWA, Airtran, FedEx, Delta, JetBlue, Continental, etc. Life is too short to be miserable and it seems like you are not happy. I know that seniority is important but so is happiness.

Mega,
Your just trying to get rid of me because Im senior to you... <G>

Hey, let me appologize to you for making a rash comment here before about the banning of 80for80. I spoke with the moderator today and he explained to me his reasoning for his decision and I completely agree with him...

As far as good ole UPS, I think you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never said I was misrable. Sure, I had a different picture in my head of what life at UPS would be like when I got hired here 6 years ago, and yes, some of the times have been great, but others have not, needless to say, I guessing I will be able to survive whatever they throw at me.

My biggest complaint about UPS is that they seem to go out of their way to make thing difficult for the pilots. That is a fact and it doesnt have to be like that. It shouldnt be ok for UPS to sh1t on you just because the sh1t smells better or your paid more money than the last 2 or 3 place you worked... For me, I have more respect for who I am and for what I do and I demand more from the company I plan on putting in 29 years with... No, Im not saying life is that bad here, just no pilot friendly...

As far as going to AA or DAL or anywhere else, I think the reason I told you that was not that I hated UPS but that I actually like flying people more than boxes... That is just part of my personality and has nothing to do with my happiness here... Also, judging from my W2 this year, I really couldnt afford to anyway...

Can we be friends again??? I dont like being on Capt Megadeath's sh1t list... <BG>

BBDC8

As a relatively new UPS pilot(2years) I also have had a mostly good experience at big brown. I have made some small observations while flying with a bunch of great crews. Those who avoid SDF sort enjoy coming to work more that those who come in and sit the sort. Also, those who come from a military background have a hard time dealing with all the evilness that UPS dishes out. Coming from a regional, I have not seen anything(except sitting hot) that I did not see at a regional. I could care less if I ever pilot an aircraft that has paying PAX in the back again.

And one thing that I always tell people who want to fly for UPS. WE FLY AT NIGHT!!!! If you don't think it is something you can handle for 20-30 years, find another airline. All the money they will pay you will not make you happy if you hate flying on the back side of the clock. Them just the facts. ........

I came from the mil and can attest that UPS treats you way better than AMC.

I have to add to this. Every company has its problems. Some are worse the others. Its all a matter of opinion on which it worse.

LLB

I think you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never said I was misrable.

It shouldnt be ok for UPS to sh1t on you just because the sh1t smells better or your paid more money than the last 2 or 3 place you worked... For me, I have more respect for who I am and for what I do and I demand more from the company I plan on putting in 29 years with.

Can we be friends again??? I dont like being on Capt Megadeath's sh1t list... <BG>

No, I would not try to put words into your mouth.....you seem to come across like you are miserable, that's all.

No, it's not ok for UPS or any other company to sh!t on anyone but look around....the only airline I know of that doesn't sh!t on their employees is SWA. I go to work, do my job and I don't let it consume my entire being. It doesn't mean that I don't have respect for myself. I could get pi$$ed about every little thing and be miserable or I can not let things get to me and live a little longer. I would love to demand things from the company but they just aren't going to give in to lil old one out of 400,000 me. I truly wish that the company and the pilots had a better relationship but all I can do to contribute to that is to do my job and be respectful to others around me at work. Being pi$$ed about it isn't going to change it...it's only going to eat at you....they (the company) doesn't care and you can't force them to.

Friends :)

Latest resources

Back