• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to stop hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I asked a few guys here what they have heard, news to some and rumors to others. It should come out soon, I wil post what I find. Later

If I had started this thread I might have gone with one, maybe two exclamation points. Using three is just plain silly and wasteful!

I asked a few guys here what they have heard, news to some and rumors to others. It should come out soon, I wil post what I find. Later

If they're going to stop hiring then why are they sending so many people to the AIR-INC seminar this weekend? Six according to their website. Fedex is only sending two.

I just talked to an individual that has a class date on Jan 29 and she was told by the company that they are retiring all 727 (17) in the next year and replacing them with the 767 and then adding more. According to her, UPS is going to get 60 767 in the next 5 years. That doesn't sound like they are going to stop hiring.

I have no idea what's going on but I heard it from a manager the other day that they are going to have to stop hiring to retrain the 727 crews. FWIW
Personally, I don't know how they could just not hire any new pilots.....we are super duper short!

I just talked to an individual that has a class date on Jan 29 and she was told by the company that they are retiring all 727 (17) in the next year and replacing them with the 767 and then adding more. According to her, UPS is going to get 60 767 in the next 5 years. That doesn't sound like they are going to stop hiring.

Wow, great rumor.. However, it may take them 5 years to decide to buy 60 767's. The 76 is the perfect freighter though.

There might be a hiring slow-down for a few months while the 727 crews get retrained, but I can't see them completely stopping newhire classes. Already being short crews in, that would put them even further behind the 8 ball.

Plus, no one's FOR SURE they're getting rid of all the 72's yet. They've just cancelled 3 runs so far.

Latest resources

Back