• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to stop hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice to see your internet is working at full speed....Mine sucks. on and off. Congrats again.

I am currently at JetBlue with little international and no Heavy experience. I am a former supervisor for UPS from my college days.

Uhhh, Why did 80for80 get banned???

Just because he posted info here that is contrary to popular opinion, that is total BS... If that is your criteria for banning, I guess you better put me on the list too.

I work for UPS and I can tell you that he is right about what he says. UPS is a difficult place to work and for most people, a HUGH dissappointment compared to whatever expectation you may have before you actually get hired here... If there are UPS pilots on flightinfo that do not know this, give it time... UPS will prove me right... Like any airline, there are some good and bad things, but UPS will far exceed the bad in ANY category... The pay and retirment will help mend the bitter taste in your mouth while their screwing you...

Unless I missed something, I think you made a mistake banning 80for80...

JMO
BBDC8

I'm sorry.....he posted another UPS pilots employee number after a message board fight and disagreement between the two. So, he posts that persons UPS employee number and harasses that person and you think that its not right that he was banned. He has been sent warning after warning over the last year for pulling similar things. One of the big perks of this site is not having to share who you are. We do not allow real names, info or anything else that would identify someone unless they want it to happen. Not only did he identify someone....he posted their company ID number.

I hope this answers your question as to WHY he was kicked.

Last edited:
I work for UPS and I can tell you that he is right about what he says. UPS is a difficult place to work and for most people, a HUGH dissappointment compared to whatever expectation you may have before you actually get hired here...

BBDC8,

I've only been working for UPS one week, so I really can't comment on "how bad it is here," or how it is such a "difficult place to work," (using your words). So far, I'm impressed with the company, and have nothing to complain about at Big Brown. Basically, I'm happy and thankful as he!! that I'm now working for a company/airline that actually makes money, offers job stability, and pays very well (starting yr 2).

However, I will have to respectfully disagree with you about the accuracy of 80 for 80's posts on this forum. Witness this very thread that he started about UPS stopping their hiring. He is not even close to telling the truth. I think that he likes to post inflammatory subject matter just to get a rise out of people. This serves nobody, and certainly doesn't provide accurate info, or help the masses out there that would love to work for our company.

Just a new guy's opinion.

Arch

Last edited:
BBDC8...

Every company has its warts. If you don't have that much time invested here, I would advise you to go to swa. They are hiring gangbusters this year and for the forseeable future, so maybe you would be happier there. I don't have rose colored glasses about ups, but I get treated fairly well here and with the exception of one scheduler, T, who the rest of the schedulers hate as well, they are all cordial and professional.

Not sure how you got the "bitter taste" in your mouth, or how you have been "screwed", but I have the impression you work in the training center. If that is correct, I really don't see how you any reason to complain. If you work there, it's on a voluntary basis. Leave and go back full time to the line if you don't like how you are treated. I can assure you I have been treated very well here at ups. No job is perfect, but I am very happy here. If you are not, for your own sake, go somewhere else! Life is too short to do something you don't like no matter how much they pay you!

JMO

Aviator7576

Latest resources

Back