• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS to cancel the A380F order!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thing is way too late to the market, they are already obsolete. The ones that are already made will probably be on Ebay next week.

Will this cause a halt to hiring at UPS and possibly furloughs, as they were hiring anticipating A380 deliveries?

This will probably cause hiring at UPS to come to a halt and possibly furloughs, as they were hiring anticipating getting the A380.

Only 10 planes, the new ones will be smaller I assume? Smaller size, more? Unless they pick up the A-500!

I had a MX Fed on the jumpseat, on his way to Seattle.. his project is the 747 freighter.

He told us that Boeing is having serious issues with the new freighter. During flight tests, severe vibration develops throughout the entire fuselage. Also, there is concern that the stretched upper deck is "blanking" out the elevator. He commented that this is also causing the FAA to look into the 744.

He did not seem impressed with Boeing's latest project, and he indicated that Boeing just "went for it" with this latest version of the 747. He told me that he thinks Boeing didn't even put the new model in a wind tunnel.

Just FYI. Gonna get interesting.

Was your jumpseater talking about the 747-8 or the LCF? There's a big difference between the two. I suspect the reference is to the LCF, since the -8 isn't even flying yet....

lilah

No you did not miss anything, UPS is now a regional airline. Didn't you hear that they are going to buy a bunch of E-190's to replace the all the 75's and 76's that they are going to sell to Fedex.

How in the heck did this thread get into the regional forum? Am I missing something? :erm:

UPS is like Skywest in that they both have a single payscale. Therefore, UPS is like a regional. In fact, the UPS A-300 flightbag sticker says " A-300 Regional Freighter"!

Ummm no, UPS is like Skywest in that they are both airlines and fly something that has two wings a tail and a cockpit. Um, that's about it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back