• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS tentative agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the purple cargo folks down a little farther south just took a 5% pay cut. bonuses, raises and 401k company match are gone too.

Just be happy your ID card still works in the swiper - no one at an airline is unreplaceable; in this economic environment, where I think purple is parking airplanes, and where furloughs are the word du jour, I'm just happy to still have a job; for I know in this industry and climate, that a lot of out of work dispatchers would give their left nut to have a job at all...

We had another meeting yesterday to get more information on the TA. After more clarification on the value of the pension increase with new ERISA laws as opposed to fixed contribution it's not that bad. Most would have liked to see bigger raises, but we were already higher than anyone else and it's not a good time to be negotiating large raises. Most of us have reversed our view after the initial sticker shock and it will most likely pass. I won't post the numbers on a public forum before the vote but may PM to those who wish.

28-50% pension increase retro to date of hire that is fully funded within 2 years.
3% 401k match starting 2011.
3% raise every 18 months, then another 3% final year of contract.
Gained a new trainer position with $2 p/hr override.
$2 million lifetime cap on same health insurance, but went up $7 a month.
Better Lead scope language.
Better safety & work rules in general.
Premiums & overrides stayed the same but are now paid 1.5x or 2x for overtime and paid out in bonuses, ect.
3% signing bonus.
Joint meaning & intent with contract.

After the signatures go on it I will hopefully have an electronic version to email out along with the meaning & intent.

Last edited:
28-50% pension increase retro to date of hire that is fully funded within 2 years.
3% 401k match starting 2011.
3% raise every 18 months, then another 3% final year of contract.
Gained a new trainer position with $2 p/hr override.
$2 million lifetime cap on same health insurance, but went up $7 a month.
Better Lead scope language.
Better safety & work rules in general.
Premiums & overrides stayed the same but are now paid 1.5x or 2x for overtime and paid out in bonuses, ect.
3% signing bonus.
Joint meaning & intent with contract.

After the signatures go on it I will hopefully have an electronic version to email out along with the meaning & intent.

You guys get a pension? That's sweet! I thought those went out with manual typewriters.

Big Brown seems a good gig. Again, not the typical experience of 99% of the DX profession.

You guys get a pension? That's sweet! I thought those went out with manual typewriters.

Big Brown seems a good gig. Again, not the typical experience of 99% of the DX profession.

That's cause they actually make money and share Randall. How's the SADA contract coming along? :nuts:

How would he know? He is out of the little desert and into the big desert!

Saw your boy, Warren in the pro-bowl last week...nice little trip to Hawaii...Looked better there then the Superbowl! Just kidding!

So where you at now?

Last edited:
That's cause they actually make money and share Randall. How's the SADA contract coming along? :nuts:

W#13, I wouldn't know as HJD said, I have been living and working in the GMT+4 time zone for the last 6 months. Click on the linky in my sig and you will be enlightened.

Also some SADA puke canceled my access to their website. Geez, you would think I would get Emeritus Status or something after 10 years of service. Like I am going to tell M X 2 anything!

Warner done good, I am a Finchfan and the game's ending was painful.

Now go have a nice steaming bowl of oatmeal and you will feel better!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back