UPS tentative agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

69beers

The Transport Workers Union of America and UPS have reached a tentative agreement on behalf of their 68 dispatchers in Louisville, Kentucky.

Local 545 represents the UPS dispatchers and made the announcement on a contract that became amendable on March 1, 2008. According to Don Wright the President of Local 545, the contract provides members with an industry leading contract while allowing UPS to maintain flexible work rules. Wright added, "Both sides worked hard to get this agreement with the added complexity of navigating through difficult economic times.”

Details of the agreement were not released pending review with the membership. If ratified, provisions of the new agreement will take effect immediately.

Last edited:
Deet? I prefer permethrin. Say that three times fast!

"Details of the agreement were not released pending review with the membership."

Not a word has been leaked to us and I doubt it will be either. We have a meeting scheduled on the 24th for the TA presentation. I really have no idea what to expect as this was somewhat unexpected to me. I know what will get voted down and I fully trust my negotiators wouldn't even bother putting it up for a vote if it wasn't reasonably solid.

A big "what if" here since this is an extremely bad time to be negotiating a contract: Since the word on the streets is that our bros in Memphis just took a pay cut and had their 401 match frozen for a year, and they're about to be 121 flag/domestic, if we get another raise and a fat retirement where should the TWU cards be mailed? Now that would be one hell of a local!

Maybe I'z gets the deets all up on here on the twentyfoth, but if my swerve be on from the open bar at the meeting then we makes it the twentyfizzeth for the deets, yo.

Yo, check it.
Yo azz need to get dem deets front and center, yo.
Da bruddas fo schizzle be dyin' to check da bling yo homies in da union be grabbin'.
So quit bein' all coy like Miss Janet from da '80s, get dem nasty deets and post 'em up inhurrrrrrr.
Don't fo'get to bust back a few of da foty-oh-zees when y'all up in da hizzle gettin' da L.D. on yo T.A.

Yo.

Last edited:
Since the word on the streets is that our bros in Memphis just took a pay cut and had their 401 match frozen for a year, and they're about to be 121 flag/domestic, if we get another raise and a fat retirement where should the TWU cards be mailed? Now that would be one hell of a local.

we'll be in touch once the details are made public.

Yo, check it.
Yo azz need to get dem deets front and center, yo.
Da bruddas fo schizzle be dyin' to check da bling yo homies in da union be grabbin'.
So quit bein' all coy like Miss Janet from da '80s, get dem nasty deets and post 'em up inhurrrrrrr.
Don't fo'get to bust back a few of da foty-oh-zees when y'all up in da hizzle gettin' da L.D. on yo T.A.

Yo.

I assume that English is in there somewhere, for unlike Mamma Cleaver, I dont speak no jive ;)

The word is DISAPPOINTING. I project a 85-90% "NO" vote. Out of respect for our negotiators I will withhold any further details.

The word is DISAPPOINTING. I project a 85-90% "NO" vote. Out of respect for our negotiators I will withhold any further details.

Just another example of the erosion of our profession. No respect or appreciation of our services from management. They would get rid of us if they could. For some reason that I can't understand, they look at us as a pimple on their azz.

I hate to be all doom-and-gloom, but if Big Brown can't "get no satisfaction", then who can?

I will hang on as long as I get a paycheck, but I would not recommend anyone look as this as a career choice. It's sad.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back