• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS tells Airbus to shove their Plastic tail POS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try Googleing the above sentence and that is all I got that say about that!

Got ya:
Favourite scenes in Fawlty Towers

German Guest: Stop talking about the war.
Basil: You started it!
German: No we didn't!
Basil: Yes you did, you invaded Poland.

I guess I was confused at first as I thought this a was good natured France-bashing thread and all of a sudden Poland was mentioned. Nevertheless, great episode.

I can't believe you no talent a$$ clowns are still arguing over this. Didn't y'all hear there's a recently divorced late thirties sex machine sitting down in the hotel bar just waiting for you to sidle on up. My advice: trim the brows, cinch the girdle up one more notch and add a dash of Black Panther or Blackbeard's Delight -- she's practically beggin' for it!

:beer:

I pronounce this thread closed.

You're my BOY, Chef!

I've learned to lay down any beverages before reading your posts!

LMMFAO!!

G4,

Why don't you do a little research? The manufacturers found out about AA's training after the Airbus upset over Florida. (Now, THERE is an event that you can attack AI over, although the initial cause was from pilot error!). Anyway, none of this is secret stuff, but I'm not going to do all of your homework for you. If you're really interested, here are a couple of pointers:

http://www.house.gov/list/press/ny09_weiner/271004NTSBhearing.html

Look also at the NTSB final on 587, but since you don't seem to want to be confused with facts, I did a google and offer the following snippets from it:

http://www.ntsb.gov/publictn/2004/AAR0404.pdf

As stated in section 1.17.1.2.1, during the May 1997 AAMP Industry Conference, American Airlines’ chief pilot and vice president of flight requested feedback on the program from the Boeing Commercial Airplane Group, the Boeing Douglas Products Division, Airbus, and the FAA. In an August 20, 1997, letter, representatives from these organizations provided their joint response...

and:

The letter addressed six subject areas, including the use of rudder and airplane recovery from upsets. Regarding the use of rudder, the letter stated that “the excessive emphasis on the superior effectiveness of the rudder for roll control vis-à-vis aileron and spoilers, in high angle of attack, is a concern”...

and:

On February 6, 2003, American Airlines provided the Safety Board with a copy of a May 27, 1997, memorandum from the company’s managing director of flight operations technical to the company’s chief pilot and vice president of flight. The memorandum stated that the managing director of flight operations technical had “grave concerns about some flawed aerodynamic theory and flying techniques that have been presented in the AAMP.” The memorandum also stated that it was wrong and “exceptionally dangerous”

and more:
In addition, the memorandum stated that American Airlines was conducting high AOA training in simulators that did not accurately replicate the behavior of the airplane and was “very likely” to provide a false sense of confidence to pilots. The managing director of flight operations technical suggested that American Airlines take “immediate corrective action to change our training programs and advise our flight crews of the correct nature and danger of rudder inputs at high angles of attack.”

There is a lot more, looking at sim evals of line pilots, etc. Apparently, you have not bothered to read the report, though.

Bottom line, kicking the rudder like they did will result in exceeding the ultimate design load under Part 25. Will a Boeing break? Well, they sure won't tell you it won't, because it does exceed anything they envisioned also. Obviously, airplanes sometimes get away with exceeding ultimate loads, but nobody should bet the farm that one will!

Try Googleing the above sentence and that is all I got that say about that!

Got ya:
Favourite scenes in Fawlty Towers

German Guest: Stop talking about the war.
Basil: You started it!
German: No we didn't!
Basil: Yes you did, you invaded Poland.

I guess I was confused at first as I thought this a was good natured France-bashing thread and all of a sudden Poland was mentioned. Nevertheless, great episode.

Good thing you caught on. :0

Carry On.

I happen to like the phrase "hind site". As in: I'd like to see the 'hind site' on that 30-something sex machine at the bar... :D TC

Reading this thread is a waste of time. Can't we get back to discussing airplanes trying to takeoff on treadmills?

Latest resources

Back