Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
contract

UPSer...

On what do you base that statement? The proposed scheduling rules, while not perfect, are an improvement over what we have now. 15 days of rsv versus 16; week on week on for domestic next day; commercial tix for domestic system.

Improvements in the B Plan (greater percentange plus credit flown not blg) and the A plan (plus the elim of the ss offset) are long overdue and welcome. Not to mention that pay will increase significantly.

I'm not rosy on ups...this place will never be a swa where you enjoy coming to work. But we can improve this place to the point that if they treat us like red-headed stepchildren, at least we can be well-compensated red-headed stepchildren.

JMO

Aviator7576

Aviator7576 said:
UPSer...

On what do you base that statement? The proposed scheduling rules, while not perfect, are an improvement over what we have now. 15 days of rsv versus 16; week on week on for domestic next day; commercial tix for domestic system.

Improvements in the B Plan (greater percentange plus credit flown not blg) and the A plan (plus the elim of the ss offset) are long overdue and welcome. Not to mention that pay will increase significantly.

I'm not rosy on ups...this place will never be a swa where you enjoy coming to work. But we can improve this place to the point that if they treat us like red-headed stepchildren, at least we can be well-compensated red-headed stepchildren.

JMO

Aviator7576

What do you consider significant increases? Pay for Capts. is only going up around 20% or so and the B plan is only 12% and maybe 1.25% for the A.

proposed contract

UPSer...

Pay initially may be going up 20% for capts...for fo's it will be more...and step increases every year instead of 2% every 18mos...we currently get 11% B plan on blg...even if we get 12%, it will be on total w2 which is a hefty difference when you add in the extra cats and dogs that accumulate in you pay.

1.25% A plan without the ss offset beats our current pos A plan hands down. I would rather have more emphasis on the B plan but not willing to give up one to get the other. The proposal has increases in both.

Maybe I'm a glass half full kind of guy, but I look for the positives before I emphasize the negatives. This TA may not pass (less than 50-50 chance based on my unscientific polling) but eventually we will get something a great deal better than we have now. If you would rather work under this contract than the new one, that's your choice. There are masochists all over the world that thrive on pain and discomfort. But the fact remains that the new contract will improve on the old one.

JTF

Aviator7576

bohnzai said:
I just want a class date so I can complain about working at UPS. I feel left out.:D

Hope you're one of the lucky 20 or so left to be hired.

Good odds

UPSer said:
Hope you're one of the lucky 20 or so left to be hired.

Thanks for the support. I hope all of us on this forum are included in that 20. What was it, 20 out of 68? that's about 3 to 1 odds. I'll take that action.

Bohnzai

Mamma said:
Is that 20 left to be hired until the contract is ironed out; rest of the year; or for the next few years?
For the next few months only would be my guess. Why:

We've got 100+ FE's that will retire after a TA

I believe 10 MD-11's and 3 747-400's delivered next year (approx 22 pilots/acft ... long haul/intl staffing model)

Halting hiring prior to a new contract, followed by a massive panic and hiring wave has been their "modus operandi" in the past. The hiring spring is being compressed and it will pop. We've seen this before. It partially serves to frustrate those here into voting for any TA just to see "movement" on the seniority list.

BBB

bohnzai said:
I just want a class date so I can complain about working at UPS. I feel left out.:D

B,

Now that was funny!!! I would like to be one of those 20 just so I can quite hearing that quote by people......"So have you heard from UPS?"

LLB

Not as funny as yours.

Big Beer Belly said:
I believe 10 MD-11's and 3 747-400's delivered next year (approx 22 pilots/acft ... long haul/intl staffing model)
The only part of that model which often makes me wonder is the future of the 72’s and the DC-8’s at UPS. These a/c will not be around forever (I know…the 8’s probably will) and with all of the MD’s, -400’s and 380’s we have on order, there still would be no net growth of the seniority list if the 72’s and 8’s are parked. Especially since you’re losing narrow-body 3 man a/c and replacing them with wide-body 2 man a/c.

Even with double crewing on the –400’s and 380’s, it doesn’t seem like there would be a net gain in crews as the older a/c are parked considering how much more the new a/c can carry.

It seems like there won’t be any true growth (as in seniority list 3500+) until we announce some kind of huge a/c order.

This is just me thinking out loud…completely unscientific.

We shall see!

CE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back