UPS Strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

texarkana

Whats the deal at UPS? I keep hearing guys who are really enthused about a strike, but I don't see that message anywhere else. The IPA website isn't updated and yes I used the search function and there isn't much there. I fly for a UPS feeder and if they make me cross a picket line they'll find a resignation waiting.

Thanks!

Hey texarkana,

As capt megadeth stated, most do not want a strike to happen. Well, maybe some do. But, I think most would want an agreement to happen w/o walking a line. HOWEVER, that being said, most are willing to go that route IF it came down to that. As for public relations-type stuff, I think you will see more of that if any upcoming talks get ugly, or we get released (fat chance in heck of that happening, JMHO).

As for your support about not flying struck goods, it is well appreciated. All I can say is if it comes down to that, look for press releases from the IPA which will describe what is struck goods, and what isn't. Then you can decide your course of action. Hopefully you have a union on property to help out with these kinds of things.

texarkana said:
Whats the deal at UPS? I keep hearing guys who are really enthused about a strike, but I don't see that message anywhere else. The IPA website isn't updated and yes I used the search function and there isn't much there. I fly for a UPS feeder and if they make me cross a picket line they'll find a resignation waiting.

Not much for the IPA to update since the NMB recessed their negotiations a few months ago. Can''t have a strike until 30 days after you are released by the NMB. Don't see the NMB releasing the parties because of an impasse when they aren't even talking to each other.

capt. megadeth said:
Why would anyone be "enthused" by a possible strike?
Oh mega ... I think your awakening will occur in another few years of working for these "swell" guys. Trust me, there will be a time in the middle of the night where you'll be dead tired, get the reschedule from hell (because the other crew nearly DIED flying the mess!), sent into less than min rest, the scheduler will laughingly tell you to, "Fly it and grieve it", and you'll grit your teeth and salivate over the "opportunity" to share your pent up goodwill with the company! :uzi:

I've felt it and seen it in many. You will (unfortunately) also ... just give it time. Thankfully, it passes though. :)

BBB

I see....BBB.

I think you're probably a cool dude, but I really don't appreciate all the "oh you will learn" and "your awakening will come". You act like I am clueless. Is UPS the only airline you have worked for? Because they all do shady $hit! There's already been shady things that I have seen at UPS. I am sure there will be times when I am severely pi$$ed off for getting screwed, but you know what? Newsflash! I have been at 2 other shady carriers that pulled the same $hit....you can either freak out or deal with it because it won't change. Why waste energy getting freaking out over things you cannot really control? I have wasted a lot of energy on that in the past and learned that the only one I hurt is myself. If UPS is so shady that someone would want to strike just to stick it to the company, it is their own personal issue. In the end, a strike won't hurt anyone that you would want to hurt (ie. executives, ACPs etc. They will all have their golden parachutes and pay). If it doesn't work out, we will be the ones without a job. If it works out great. I am not saying that I will not strike....I will do the right thing and strike if it comes down to it, but I won't be "enthused" about it.

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
I see....BBB.

I think you're probably a cool dude, but I really don't appreciate all the "oh you will learn" and "your awakening will come". You act like I am clueless. Is UPS the only airline you have worked for? Because they all do shady $hit! There's already been shady things that I have seen at UPS. I am sure there will be times when I am severely pi$$ed off for getting screwed, but you know what? Newsflash! I have been at 2 other shady carriers that pulled the same $hit....you can either freak out or deal with it because it won't change. Why waste energy getting freaking out over things you cannot really control? I have wasted a lot of energy on that in the past and learned that the only one I hurt is myself. If UPS is so shady that someone would want to strike just to stick it to the company, it is their own personal issue. In the end, a strike won't hurt anyone that you would want to hurt (ie. executives, ACPs etc. They will all have their golden parachutes and pay). If it doesn't work out, we will be the ones without a job. If it works out great. I am not saying that I will not strike....I will do the right thing and strike if it comes down to it, but I won't be "enthused" about it.

Wow Mega ... I didn't intend for my post to be offensive in the least. I'm glad you've got it all figured out at brown ... and while you're still on probation no less! :D

BBB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back