UPS Says time to dry off.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lakelivin said:
I almost fell over today getting off my commute flight home. My cell rings around 4:30 pm (SDF #)... Heart starts beating, then I start thinking which one of my buddies is F...ing w/ me. It was HR with a medical appt. and a contingent July 25th class... I know I still need to pass the Med but I am so stoked. I think I was swimming a little longer than RVR1800 and like him can't believe they finally called. This board has been a complete sanity lifesaver for me.Thanks to everyone for great information and comedy in the last 6 months.

HR led me to believe that they are diggng into the pool and making lots of calls. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Peace!:)

Lakelivin,

Congrats! Don't sweat the medical. The Doc at the medical clinic said they never failed an applicant. Unless you're dying, don't worry! I look forward to seeing you in class on 25 July. It'll be fun. :)

GB

Congrats lakelivin!

That's great news my friend, I hope you enjoy this balmy SDF summer. Those 6 months of agony is over I'm happy for you. Good luck in class.

bohnzai

Great News!!!

Congrats lakelivin! That's absolutely fantastic news!

You are correct; my pool wait wasn't as long as others, and I'm still thanking my lucky stars every single day! :D Now, we just need to get LLB, Hawg, and bohnzai to get that call.

As for the med, really, DON'T SWEAT IT! It is not difficult at all. It's just you typical Class I med with some additional tests. If I can pass this med, ANYONE can! :p PM if you have any questions, but there isn't anything to worry about. You'll be just fine!

As for the class drop, I was told that the following seats were planned:

3 DC8 FO
1 MD11 FO
10 757 FO (some possibly intl and some bases other than SDF)
6 DC8 SO

Disclaimer: this could obviously change. When I got the "welcome" call, this is what they were thinking.

Personally, I agree with mach none - they are ALL GOOD SEATS! It doesn't matter where you land. I'm personally thinking I'll be one of the SO's due to being fairly young (33), and that is totally fine with me! The -8 looks like a great airplane. And, how can it not be a great airplane? The thing is built like a tank - my kind of airplane! :D

Good luck to you, and we'll see you on the 25th!

1800 RVR

I personally want to say congrats to Lakelivin ;) (and all the others). UPS is going to be a better place just by you being here. I'm glad you held on, and I'm glad that I was able to send good vibes your way! Once again congrats Lakelivin, and get ready to be MY Gear Handle Biatch! :p

Welcome to Brown!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back