Ups poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bohnzai

It's been very quiet out there for us poolies. Any word on classes for Nov or Dec. Hawg, LLB you guys still there? I'm sure you are in the same boat with me, still waiting.

Bohnzai

This info was posted from the IPA's website on Fri 11/04.....

"UPS has scheduled two more new hire classes before the end of the year. The first class is scheduled for November 30. The IPA will host a New Hire dinner, Thursday, December 8 with 5 crewmembers. The next class is scheduled for December 8 with a New Hire dinner at the IPA on Thursday, December 15."

I also heard from a buddy of mine, that just spent the last month and a half in the school house, that next years "unofficial" numbers are between 500 and 800 pilots. Im pretty sure the school house can't handle that many events, but at least its good news. I do believe thats for future hiring and not just next year, so take this with a grain of salt, cause we all know how rumors work. Good luck to all to get into brown.

Thank's for the info guy's. It's good news to hear that they are conducting new hire classes even during peak. That must mean they are very short on crews.

Still waiting by the phone.

Bohnzai

Hey bohnzai,

Nice to see that you haven't drowned yet in the pool of brown. I think they are definitely short on crews, except for me on the -8 panel :eek:. I can't believe how overstaffed we are, and I don't think as many people are going to retire as the company thinks will whenever the new contract gets done.

Hang in there bohnzai, you, LLB, and the rest of you troopers will get here soon. Take care!

LLB still here. Slpashing around in the old UPS pool. Rumers, rumers..... Who knows anymore. I'll just wait and see. By the phone of course!!!!

1800 RVR, nice picture you have now.

Hello to Bohnzai, Hawg, and the rest of my poolies.

Last edited:
LittleLearBoy said:
LLB still here. Slpashing around in the old UPS pool. Rumers, rumers..... Who knows anymore. I'll just wait and see. By the phone of course!!!!

Hey LLB, it's spelled rumor. Do you have a thing against spell check, or what?

Been sniffin' too much paint, drywall mud and sanding dust lately I think. Either that, or your noggin' is waterlogged from being in the pool so long...

How did your paint selection process go? Hope you didn't fall for the, "Ooops, I dropped that paint sample chip, can you bend over and pick it up for me?" routine!

Just bustin' your chops, bro...I pray that you and all the other poolies get word of going to Big Brown sooner rather than later!

Latest resources

Back