UPS Poolies and futre pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The votes are in--UPSer is a KNOB!

Not funny dorko. Just about everyone in the industry is sensitive to talks of cutbacks, concessions and the like. Somehow you think your humor is immune? So why would you start or prolong a joke about it? You're joke wasn't funny.
And your snub remark "relax everyone" did little to fix it.

You're a d$ck.

I hope you choke on your raise.

100% IPA.

I couldn't agree more!! With BS remarks like that you may want to get your app in for on of those management positions. (Unless of course you're already there)

What kind of upgrade time are you looking at through the various seats?

What is the reserve like? Can I commute from IND(2 hour drive to the airport)? Thanks all.TC

Calls for interviews?

Has anyone other than poolie gotten a call for an interview/reinterview yet? One of my references got a call last week but I have heard nothing. Will UPS send out a 'No thanks" letter/email if they are not interested. Also, does anyone know if UPS will be at the AIRINC job fair in ATL on Nov 13? What can I do for Brown ?

I found out this weekend that UPS has invited a pilot in for an interview that is not in the pool. The dissappointing thing about this is that this person I know that got invited in has a letter from a pretty important management person and Im not sure if that was the only reason he/she got called in... If anyone else has any info, let us all know...

BBDC8

I received "the call" from UPS yesterday and my interview is this coming Monday. I've been in the pool since 99 (long story). If anybody has any recent gouge, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

UPSer said:
If I'm not mistaken they were placed by previous experience, not by age or seniority. When you show up for first day of indoc, you are already assigned to a specific fleet and you don't know ahead of time what that fleet will be.

If you are interested in UPS, your attitude of not wanting to be on the panel is very arrogant. This wave of hiring along with FedEx's and SWA's much longer period of hiring will be ultra competitive for the available slots and you should be esctatic at just getting the job, not bitching that you didn't get a window seat right at the onset. Besides the direct hire F/O's will be on reserve much longer, and will actually go backwards in seniority as their senior F/E classmates upgrade in the future. The pays the same the first year anyway, so who cares what seat it is?

Why can't a guy ever ask a question on this board without getting a lecture?

We're glad as hell you're flying at UPS but if you can't be helpful, then buzz off. Save your breath, this ain't high school.

AA717driver said:
What kind of upgrade time are you looking at through the various seats?

What is the reserve like? Can I commute from IND(2 hour drive to the airport)? Thanks all.TC
AA717,

Hope this helps.

Upgrade time: It's a crapshoot trying to predict. I was hired early in '01, and sat on the panel for 1 year before upgrading to the right seat. People hired in the last 3-4 months of the 2001 hiring spree (give or take) are now finally close to upgrading, possibly early next year.

As far as upgrading to the left seat, I haven't even begun to think about it. Personally, I don't see myself able to hold captain for at least 10-11 years from my date of hire.

I flew with a management captain over the summer (before hiring was announced) and he said he thinks every engineer in all seats would be over the age of 60 by the spring, and every FE under the age of 60 would be in the right seat by that time. This would make the most junior FO's 09/01 new-hires.

Other than that, it seems like the people hired during the beginning of a hiring spree should upgrade the quickest. But, that is a personal observation, so don't quote me on that.

As far as commuting from IND, I can't say too much because I don't commute. However, I have flown with a couple of guys who live up there. Seems like if you hold a line it is very feasible, because you just drive to the airport in time to make your show time. If you are on reserve, you would probably have to still have a crash pad in SDF, our current call-out time is 90 minutes. A 2 hour drive doesen't sound like it would work for you while on reserve. But, on the bright side, when it's time to go home you don't have to wait in line to jumpseat.

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you,

- Clyde

Latest resources

Back