UPS Poolies and futre pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPSer said:
That's not a very good attitude to have if you want your company to grow and prosper. You must realize what both of our companies are up against, the German invasion, they are a serious player.
I'll steer clear of your invitation to get personal and attack attitudes. Instead, I invite you to explain to me and all those reading here how my wages have hindered the record growth at FedEx. Tell me how my outrageous pay rates risked the several cash acquisitions FedEx has made during these tough economic times, including Kinkos. Tell me how my ridiculously large paycheck has jeapodized the growth of FedEx stock - - how it has put serious doubts in the minds of stockholders who fear for the future of our perilously leveraged company. Tell me - - please tell me - - how a cost of living increase in pay rates will endanger the future of my company.

And please PLEASE tell me you're NOT on the IPA negotiating committee.

Yea, Right!!

UPSer, you are no doubt in management at UPS. If you arn't, you need to get your application in ASAP. Not only have I not heard a line pilot say such BS, but I've never even heard management spue such garbage!!! I sure hope your kidding.

OK, enough of the funny stuff. UPSer, I was trying really hard to be nice, BUT you really need to try some decaf if you are so willing to bend over for a company that is making money hand over fist, hiring management captains off the street, and hasn't hired a line pilot in over three years without the slightest hesitation.

As a matter of fact, a FedEx spokeswoman has already gone on record with the press that they are going to give us a raise. Now I know that is just talk for the shareholders to keep them from getting their panties all wadded up. Still, I have to emphatically agree with TonyC that the FedEx pilot group not only is looking forward to but will demand improvements in work rules, pay and benefits as some small payback for the massive contribution we make to our bottom line, as evidenced by our record breaking 47% jump in profit over last year.

I wouldn't in a million years imagine having to conceed anything to "ensure" that the company will remain profitable. Nor should you. You are either a pushover with too little self esteem for your hard work and sacrifice each night on the job, or you are a management stool trying to spoil the water here on the internet.

Also, although we are keeping an eye on the negotiations over at UPS, I can also assure you that we won't be basing our contract on yours, but on what we know we are worth to our company. Interesting, but not necessarily pertinent to our situation, particularly if you are just going to bend over and take concessions while the company is making money and the projections for future increases in shipping continue unabated. In any case, hopefully both our negotiations will be resolved sooner than later.

Best of luck to all of you at UPS.

FJ

Last edited:
Falconjet said:
OK, enough of the funny stuff. UPSer
FJ

You're right, enough of the funny stuff. I ran into a FedEx crew a few weeks back and they asked how negotiations were going, so I thought it would be a hoot to tell them that our concessions weren't going to be as bad as we originally feared. The pictures on their faces was priceless! What I wouldn't have done for a camera at that moment!

Lighten up everybody, the UPS pilot group will be getting major improvements in all areas of the contract.

"Quite frankly, I'm overpaid as it is for what I do. A reasonable concessionary package to help the company grow would be alright with me."

Hey, if you are overpaid...I will switch jobs with you. You want to fly an A320 right seat for $45,000 a year and work a second job? PM me if you are interested.

WTF??

For what it's worth-this board is open to all and all express views. Pay cuts? I dare say that those suggesting pay cuts are not who or what they may appear to be.

Last edited:
UPSer,

Danm, you even had me going there for a minute... As one if the guys on the "B" scale here, I am expecting major improvements in all areas of our contract. As far as concessions??? To be honest, I havent even thought about them... and dont plan too... The New contract had better be good or its a NO from me too!!!!

BIGBROWNDC8

BIGBROWN,
I was wondering where you were during this sacrilegious talk... I think UPSer had a couple of people screwed into the ceiling. Me, included. I just got down.

I just got on and was shocked to see the thread on page 4, I opened it and fell out of my seat over UPSer comments. Hey, I dont take anything for granted here, as with most places, there are a few "Individuals" here with strange thoughts...

I did hear from a buddy that UPS is going to require a totally new interview for all the Poolies. This decision was made primarily by our staff of Management pilots. Ill do what I can to find out more info...

BIGBROWNDC8

Latest resources

Back