• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Pilots Call for Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you get a 1000% raise. BUT, over the long term UPS pay will mirror the BS that is going on with the passenger carriers - I don't care if the company makes more money than Forest Gump. I would love to be wrong, but long term the airlines will pull FedEx and UPS down with them.

"And if it ever did come to a strike, we'd lose 10% of our customer base right off the top. That's why unions rule. Period."

The logic here escapes me. If you lose 10% of your customer base, there goes a hefty chunk of profit, which is one of your strongest reasons why UPS should pay you more.

skykid said:
I hope you get a 1000% raise. BUT, over the long term UPS pay will mirror the BS that is going on with the passenger carriers - I don't care if the company makes more money than Forest Gump. I would love to be wrong, but long term the airlines will pull FedEx and UPS down with them.

Well, It is sort of hard to say no to a payraise, when company is posting record profits. You need to compare peers in the industry and that realistically is not the pax airlines.

But wait, UPS IS REALLY DOING WORSE---their quarterly profit was only $2 billion, not $3 billion like last year......(Joking....) Good luck guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
i wish that the only issue was compensation. we are still miles apart on little issues like scope, retirement, scheduling and compensation. each article plays an important role in its value as well as the other articles.

hr2eternity said:
The truck drivers will be striking with us per previous discourse on the matter. Can you say Shutdown? Can you say Meltdown? A strike will never happen because all business would come to a halt. And if it ever did come to a strike, we'd lose 10% of our customer base right off the top. That's why unions rule. Period.

Have a nice day. 100% IPA

TH.

I hope you guys get the raise, but what you stated is exactly why the President will step in to stop a strike. Management knows this and will exploit it. It is sad but probably true that the airlines will bring you down with them.

What a great career!

Well, It is sort of hard to say no to a payraise, when company is posting record profits. You need to compare peers in the industry and that realistically is not the pax airlines.

That's not the way it's going to work. FedEx and UPS mgt can point to the passenger airlines and say, look what those guys are making, we're not paying you way above the industry standard. Again, I think it sucks but that is reality. The interesting thing will be to see what eventually (way down the road) happens to cargo pensions. All these LCCs that are adding seats in double digit percentages don't have pensions, so you're seeing the legacies have to drop to that level. In a decade when no pax carriers have pensions, now UPS and FedEx have that that pressure to look forward to.

As I posted before, I hope these cats at UPS get what they deserve so we can at least see what the pay scales should be.

flyinglow said:
I hope you guys get the raise, but what you stated is exactly why the President will step in to stop a strike. Management knows this and will exploit it.

The President cannot STOP a strike. He can only DELAY one by imposing an additional cooling off period per the Railway Labor Act.

BBB

For more info on the Railway Labor Act and Presidential Emergency Boards check this site out: (easy to understand)

http://www.ipapilot.org/media/rla.asp#What is a “Presidential Emergency Board?”

Last edited:
100% Ipa

I guess we will have to go toe to toe. The money they loose in the stike will come out of the managers wallets (and the unfortunate share holders). They will loose more money from lost business and stock value, then they would loose by giving us a fair contract. Scope seems to be the main issue. I will find another career before I would accept a poor contract from a company making BILLIONS.

Stike fund ... FUNDED.

Latest resources

Back