• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawg68

Hawg
Gents,

I haven't checked on Flight Info in some time. Are any of my poolies still swimming out there? How is the job treating you RVR?

Last I heard there was an OCT 25 class, but I heard a rumor today that there may be ONE MORE class this year in November. Anybody confirm that?

Hope all is well with the remaining poolies.

Hawg

Sorry....can't help you with that. In other interview/job news....I did hear that UPS is only interviewing for management pilots at this time.

Hey Hawg,

I haven't heard anything about the Nov class. If I do I will post it. They are interviewing a very small amount of guys every week for management positions only. Plan is to drain down the pool. That might take a few months to do. Seems like they plan to drain it before adding to the pool again.
Later,
GB

Last edited:
Hey Hawg!

It's good to see that you are still alive. It's been a while!

So far, so good down here in SDF! Just finished with my line check, and I have been released to wreak havoc on my own. Man, it's good to be done with training. Unfortunately, I don't have any news as to classes. Being removed from the training center I don't get the good scoop. Hopefully some of the current class folks can help out in the rumor area.

I wish I had some kind of news for you poolies out there - I still remember what it's like to be on the outside looking in. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed for all of you! :beer: When you all get down here, we'll get together for some of this!

Just entered the pool this week as a line pilot candidate. I understand due to the Menlo flying there won't be classes over peak, is that right? Anyone know how many are currently in the pool right now? Also any words on the contract? See you all soon enough, take care.

Congrats, precontact. There is no menlo flying, that's part of the problem right now. The contractors are still flying the Menlo stuff through next summer. No real news on the contract, but I am certainly not in the loop. In my opinion this is the best job out there. First year pay will probably be in the mid-30s after the new contract.

What will senior captain pay be in the new contract? What kind of pay raises are you looking to get?

Heres the latest...Nov 30 class will be 1 747 fo, 4 DC8 fos

Dec 8 (date could chg) class will be 3 A300 fo, 8 DC8 fes

Good luck to all in the pool

Tailwinds

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to training in Louisville, maybe this way I can keep the thermostat low on my house back east! Anything to svae on the heating bill!
L'il J Seinfeld - Any raise for the first year folks would be great! I agree, best job out there.
Lifeguard - thanks for the pool update. I understand all poolies are rank ordered, so there's no telling how long one could be swimming, right?
Jet Laggy - Thanks, do you know how far in advance they call to fill the classes?
Good luck to all. We appreciate the updates! :)

Latest resources

Back