Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goose17 said:
Or does this sound strikingly familiar?

Hiring straight into the right seat of the MD-11 in ANC...

Which leads me to my next question. Will UPS call this the Brown Nugget Program?

Goose17

Brown turd would be more appropriate.

So in other words, unless you have heavy-jet glass international experience, Brown won't be calling you. i.e., if you don't meet that criteria, don't expect your phone to be ringing off of the hook?

VABB said:
So in other words, unless you have heavy-jet glass international experience, Brown won't be calling you. i.e., if you don't meet that criteria, don't expect your phone to be ringing off of the hook?

Makes sense since flying the panel for a year and then transitioning would be much easier and your stick and rudder skills would be real sharp! :rolleyes:

Slice121 said:
Makes sense since flying the panel for a year and then transitioning would be much easier and your stick and rudder skills would be real sharp! :rolleyes:

Actually, that is the path that I took, and it was not bad at all. In fact, counting in the furlough before starting here, it had been 16 months from the time that I actually flew an airplane, and I got through my FO PC just fine. It's like riding a bike; comes back very quickly.

The way I look at this whole situation is akin to the FedEx deal: take whatever class is offered, take whichever seat is offered, seniority is everything.

Slice121 said:

I don't think they are concerned as much with the stick and rudder skills. It sounds like they want people who have experience operating in the international theater for a while.

VABB said:
I don't think they are concerned as much with the stick and rudder skills. It sounds like they want people who have experience operating in the international theater for a while.

Fine, but if I get hired on to the 727 panel and then jump to the right seat of the -11 how does that apply? I agree you'd have company ops down but still little to no int'l or heavy experience. I don't think Canada or Mexico counts. Is the MD-11 that difficult to fly?

Latest resources

Back