• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman2122

who's light?
Heard UPS hired Kelly Flinn, the infamous former B-52 copilot that made national news a few years back for disobeying her Commander's orders........

Better you guys than us!:)

Have fun. ;)

Last edited:
My post will probably not be so popular but I have to get it off my chest...

Why dont we let Kelly move on with her life. I work here and I dont have a problem with it. Remember, Judge not, lest ye be judged... (did I just say that?) We'll, you know what I mean...

Now that Im on my soapbox...

I like that UPS is open minded to all kinds of contraversial things, lets see, to make a simular comparison regarding integrity and virtue, UPS hired a bunch of furloughed AA and DAL pilots in the early 90's. This group of pilots agreed to leave their airlines and come and stay at UPS. Needless to say, most if not all of them went back to their respective airlines. UPS said it would not hire furloughed pilots anymore for fear of getting burned again. We'll UPS is now hiring Furloughee again. What do we say about those pilots out there that gave their word to UPS and then broke it? Is there integrity in question? They could have possibly screwed all those pilots out there today on furlough that are waiting on UPS to call.

I was in the military for 12 years, I can find a place in my heart to forgive her and I think she'll be a fine addition to our pilot group. If her being here bothers you that much, dont apply here. Im sure there are lots of opportunities out there for pilots to find a great job.

BBDC8

Kelly changed her name and went to work for ASA. I never flew with her, but I spoke with her a few times while waiting for the crew bus. I don't agree with what she did in the USAF, but we all make mistakes when we are young. She seemed to be an ok person, and she had a pretty good reputation at ASA. I commend her for escaping from ASA and getting hired at UPS.

I might also add that while at ASA she and an FA were viciously attacked in their hotel room (one of our fine ASA truck stop motels). She did a pretty good job of fighting off the attackers and is probably a lot tougher than many of you.

Last edited:
Good for her. I'm glad she got her life back on track. She'll be laughing all the way to the bank when she retires.

Base soccer coach?

From the link provided by G4G5:

"In july 1996, she began an affair with Marc Zigo, the base's civilian soccer coach..."

Typical Air Force! The Navy can't even afford to pay for a life guard so my kids can use the base pool in the summer. And so the pool goes unused all season. We're in the Navy and can't even promote water activities. Geez!

MP

Thread Closed-Moderator Input

This thread is right on the line, gang. While Kelly Flinn was famous for her requisite 15 minutes, that part of her life is over and she has moved on. It's history now, folks.

So, she is in working our industry and we (the board) will simply not support further "slamming" based on old facts and fiction. I'm closing the thread unless someone convinces me (via pm) that naming someone and making accusations and assertions are in the best interest of Flightinfo.

Thanks for your understanding in advance!
EF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back