UPS newhire pay now $45,500! If you get ANC MD-11 F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A 15 year employee who is a UPS CA told me today he voted "NO"

I have no idea if the UPS TA will pass or not. Almost seems 50/50. But are you joking about $45K? If I'm not mistaken, the TA says $33/hr? If it's $45K, that would be a hell of an overide/per diem/paid move/whatever! Please explain.

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]3. Probationary Crewmembers. Probationary crewmembers do not have transition bidding rights under either the current 1998 book or the TA. The LOA gives our probationary crewmembers a one time opportunity to participate in bid 06-104 for the ANC domicile.

4. Seniority Crewmember Voluntary Three (3) Year ANC Commitment. For those crewmembers voluntarily willing to forego transition opportunities for a period of three years and move to Anchorage, the LOA provides relocation expenses both to ANC and back from ANC. These relocation expenses are outlined in the Letter and in the contract. They include roundtrip air transportation and lodging for the crewmember and his or her spouse in connection with housing searches. Nothing in this voluntary commitment would prevent a crewmember from upgrading to any seat, fleet, or domicile his seniority will allow him to hold even during the three year period.

5. New Hire Crewmember Voluntary Three (3) Year ANC Commitment. For new hire crewmembers who voluntarily accept a three year commitment to forgo opportunities to transition out of ANC, they will receive moving and relocation benefits to Anchorage. They will also receive a probationary pay supplement of $1,500 each pay period. This supplement will start with the beginning of IOE and end when the probationary crewmember moves to the second year pay scale. Again, nothing in this voluntary commitment would prevent a crewmember from upgrading to any seat, fleet, or domicile his seniority will allow him to hold.

I also voted no and hope it all works out, but this is entirely a different LOA from the TA.
[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back