UPS New Hires - Available Acft Assignments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Beer Belly

FWIW ... a while back one or more folks asked what a new hire might be assigned or how long it would be (after being hired) till he could hold a certain acft/domicile at UPS. The following acft/domiciles and (theater of flying) are available to the Feb '05 new hires:

727 /SDF (Domestic flying)
A300 /SDF (Domestic/Europe)
757 /SDF (Domestic incl Canada/Mexico)
757 /SDFZ (International - Europe/Pac Rim)
757 /ONT (Domestic/Pac Rim)
757 /MIA (Domestic/South America)

Like a lot of airlines, UPS operates both the 757 (75 of them) and the 767-300ER (32). It is a common rating and you will be qualified to operate both.

It is quite possible that the DC-8, 747, and MD-11 (in addition to the above) will have future first officer openings available in subsequent bids. The 8 is domestic only, the 747 is domestic and Pac Rim, and the MD-11 is primarily international.

Here's an interesting musing ... it's not at all inconceivable that several years in the future ('09) we will see new hires assigned to the right seat of an A-380 super jumbo. Since we have a single pay scale, the biggest iron is not necessarily the most senior by any means. Definitely an interesting possibility ... one day flying a couple thousand pound Lear, few months later driving a million+ pound beast to Shangai or Beijing! Where else but in America?

BBB

So you could start flying international as a new hire?And I thought ONT was senior.And is the A300 based in Europe?I am just making sure that I am reading it right.

ONT isn't senior like it used to be. The A300 flies domestic and intra-Europe. No ocean crossings.

Yes, some new-hires in 2005 will see 757/767 int'l or even 747/MD11. You can thank the single payscale for this.

UPS hasn't hired 300 in one year in over 10 years, so movement will be pretty fast.

Do guys like flying the A300? Is that a popular aircraft?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey

Say what you want about the Frenchies, but anyone who has flown a Dassult product knows they build fine Aeroplanes!!!! I'd take one over a Cessna product anyday!

We also get lotsa great stuff from the French. I mean come on where would we be without French Fries, French Kiss, French Maincures, & dare I mention Gerard Depardeau!!!!

A300 - I dont fly the Airbus, but I can tell you as far as Jumpseats, Its one of the most comfortable that we have... BBDC8

I don't care what plane I go to or seat for that. Just give me a class date. I haven't been swimming long, but I want out of this pool. Also what is SDFZ?

Latest resources

Back