UPS New Hire Classdate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGBROWNDC8

I heard that the first new hire classdate has been set for November 18th. I also heard that UPS has been giving job offers at the interview and putting pilots through the medical the following day after the interview.

No word on how many for the class, but its good news that were going ot hire and train through Peak. I guess that whole "we need to hire pilots" thing that the IPA has been telling UPS for the last 2 years has finally become realized by UPS, so much so that they will allocate needed rescources during Peak for training... I also hear that UPS is only offering positions as DC8 and 747 FE's. No 727 spots... Bad news for the 727 fleet...

Everyone that I personally know (2 guys) that was in the Pool that interviewed has been offered a job pending Medical eval...

Good luck to all...

BBDC8

From a friend that interviewed on Mon and was offered a spot on the 18th:

7- 15 in the class. He was told that all F/E seats open

Could you get your buddy to type out a little gouge on the new interview?

G4G5 said:
Could you get your buddy to type out a little gouge on the new interview?
Everyone that interviewed this week were in the pool and ask basic HR and some basic technical questions? I don't know if it will be the same for new interviews. The sims were in the DC8, 727 and the A-300. Just basic flying to see if one can be trained. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you in SDF soon.

BIGBROWNDC8 where will the 747 & DC8 new hires be based?

Fly Safe

H25BCPTN said:
Everyone that interviewed this week were in the pool and ask basic HR and some basic technical questions? I don't know if it will be the same for new interviews. The sims were in the DC8, 727 and the A-300. Just basic flying to see if one can be trained. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you in SDF soon.

Fly Safe
As of yesterday they hired 8 from all interviewed. Not all of the poolies are getting a chance to reinterview. One guy I know that was in the pool was told that he would have to start the process all over again. Dunno what the deal with that is. I also know one guy doing his medical today that got hired yesterday and was not a UPS poolie...... I guess they are keeping everyone on their toes and making sure they don't set a trend ;) .

As hiring continues and growth increases, how much time would a newhire expect to be on the panel? More than one year?

On Your Six said:
As hiring continues and growth increases, how much time would a newhire expect to be on the panel? More than one year?
That's a good question. I think it's going to depend on how many people retire and who decides to take upgrades. Also have to factor in aircraft deliveries as well. I spent a year on the panel and there are people hired about 5+ months after me who are still there, and it's been almost 4 years.

I flew with a management captain this summer, and he told me every FE will be over the age of 60 by next spring and all other FE's in the seats as of this summer will be in the right seat by early next year.

I hope that helps. I really wish I could give you some sort of time frame, but the length of time spent in the back seat around here seems cyclical.

H25BCPTN said:

Fly Safe
H25,
As of right now, all FE's are based in SDF. The only crews based outside of SDF are 757 crews in ONT and MIA. All other fleets and seats are in SDF.

Thanks Clyde.

I don't know if this helps any poolies but the people that stayed for a medical when I interviewed this week had fairly high total times.

Good luck to all.

Fly Safe

About the physical... Does it look like the astronaut physical from 'The Right Stuff' or is it of the more laid back variety?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back