• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really sure it matters. It is about 50/50 military civilian. A few in my class that were civilian flew freight, both large and small operators.

If you have the time and some help on the inside then you stand a good chance.

Fly Safe

No, you don't have to have the 1000 pic turbine, because I didn't.
They are extremely flexible and they absolutely love people who have flown night freight (and survived) and want to do it for the rest of their lives.

I did have a caravan driver in my class who had 800 pic on the caravan and no pic in a multi turbine, and only 500 pic recip multi and less than 4000 total.

If you get the interview the only thing they are interested in is your attitude. Know everything about the company and you are in.
To get the interview however you must have an internal rec.

N

UPS Guys,

If the 1000 PIC isn't had do they look at AC flown. I have over 1000 hours in the 757/767 and type rated in it. Also have 727 time as well as past 727 night frieght experience.

Also wondering how they look at airline guys, I am not furloughed but am considering going back to the dark side. A lot to be said for flying PAX at a major.

Thanks for your responses.
AA

Last edited:
bogberto,

I threw boxes in college for UPS and made sure that was in my resume. I asked about it during my interview and they said they noticed it. I am certain it helped.

AAflyer:
Would you leave AA to go to UPS if you weren't facing the possibility of another round of furloughes? Just curious if you think the quality of life and security is that much better at the freight side vs. pax in the long run? Good luck.

AA Flyer:

UPS defines PIC per Far Part 1 (sole manipulator and appropriately rated) so I believe you might be close to the turbine PIC requirement. I have heard of folks in the past getting hired without the 1000 hour turbine PIC but it is something they look for.

As for hiring from other major airlines, they got burned a few years back by the Delta and AA guys who were recalled. I don't know that it would work against you now, as things have changed significantly. They just want to see that you "bleed brown".

Sorry...no new rumors to report!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back