• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The flight time summary does not ask for the .3 adjustment to your flight time. I'm pretty sure the HR folks understand the difference and take it all into account when they evaluate your flight time summary.

The good news is that your pic time is defined by part 61 (sole manipulator and appropriately rated).

Primary Time

Good question, but if I understand it right, you can only count Primary time as PIC time if you are the Aircraft Commander or have a type rating in the airplane. That's the "appropriately rated" part of the reg there. If in doubt, I would (and did) just count whatever non-AC time you have ALL as SIC time and let them credit you for it otherwise if they see fit. It's always best to understate your credentials - they will appreciate your integrity at the interview.
Duke

Hey Jose, if the guy is correct in his response, then I really don’t see the need for yours.

I'm not sure if specific min.s are published. I have heard as a rule of thumb 1000 hours PIC turbine and around 4000 hours TT. With that said, I have spoken and know some hired with less than the 1000 PIC/4000TT. It is also true many have met and exceeded the 1000/4000TT. I believe your TT and experience is evaluated for quality and how competitive you may be against other applicants. I hope this helps.

Best of luck.

In my class the flight times ranged from 2000TT (military) to over 10,000+ Civilian. There is no ryhme nor reason to it. Although getting some help from a Manager at UPS (i.e. LOR, or personal phone call to HR) helps immensely. The manager needs not be a Pilot type. But the higher the manager the better.

Hope this helps.

I understand that you have to meet the mins of multi-engine fixed wing turbine PIC time but does UPS allow you to count helo time anywhere on the application? Some companies (JetBlue, SouthWest, FedEx) won't even let you list it.

Perfer Freight Dogs?

I was curious if UPS perfers people with freight time?
Seeing how they understand the crazy schedule.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back