Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brownie said:
FDX (the place that treats people with respect STARTING WITH THIER
FIRST YR PAY) and don't have to be lied to contantly.
sorry but the the truth hurts.
GOOD LUCK TO HIM>
I guess everyone has individual circumstances, but I know I’d never be able to look my recommendations in the eye again if I'd done something similar.

RB

Hey, can anyone tell me how UPS views time in a Beech 1900 if that is all you have but you have a couple thousand of it?

airwillydrvr said:
I started class two weeks ago, interviewed 10 weeks ago, and JUST got my records request from the FAA. but you are right, no news is good news. av8trix, how is class?

What aircraft are people training on? I hear some newhires are getting 757/767 FO and 727 FO...

Its good time if its PIC. However compared with the masses being interviewed, it really does not compare. Sorry!

Rory Bellows said:
I guess everyone has individual circumstances, but I know I’d never be able to look my recommendations in the eye again if I'd done something similar.

RB

EXACTLY. Now, all the guys that his sponsor knows are screwed. I couldn't do that either.

Heard UPS hired a female Commutair Beech 1900 Captain recently. So it sounds like Beech 1900 time is good enough!

She was the exception. BE1900 time just doesn't stack up. Direct from HR. This ex CommutAir Captain is a good stick as well as a good person. No recomendations, just good timing. It couldn't have happened to a better person.

With one 1900 driver hired I wouldn't put too much faith into Beech time. I'd like to hear if any other 1900 drivers have been successful getting hired with UPS within this latest hiring cycle (2004/2005). The statistics just don't look good. I hope I'm wrong.

It may not mean anything, but I interviewed March 28 and within a week I had additional forms listed on my on-line application. Forms such as direct deposite, W2 and so on. It may mean absolutely nothing but I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

socalpilot said:
With one 1900 driver hired I wouldn't put too much faith into Beech time. I'd like to hear if any other 1900 drivers have been successful getting hired with UPS within this latest hiring cycle (2004/2005). The statistics just don't look good. I hope I'm wrong.
I know of a new hire that has SIC Airbus time (320 and 330) but his only PIC turbine came in the 1900.

RB

Latest resources

Back