UPS international base? FedEx Paris?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Porch

Is there any talk of an international base for UPS. I understand FedEx Express is looking serously at Paris.

Porch said:
Is there any talk of an international base for UPS.
UPS has an international base in Louisville on the 757-767 fleet. It’s known as the “Z” domicile.

There is a separate 757-767 domestic base also in Louisville.

RB

I'm thinking he meant a base in a FOREIGN COUNTRY. Although a case can be made that Louisville and Memphis are foreign countries!

Porch said:
Is there any talk of an international base for UPS. I understand FedEx Express is looking serously at Paris.

Lots of rumors about the Paris domicile at FedEx showing up on a forthcoming bid. Haven't heard much about Zurich or Prague as possibilities since last fall. Subic Bay is still a domicile, but will be closing in a couple of years when that hub is moved to China. No word on whether there will be a domicile in China or if the flying will be SIBA (like intra-Europe and South America currently are).

Int'l Domicile

There's always talk....Anchorage is the most obvious choice. UPS deadheads a lot of Int'l guys from SDF to start their trips in ANC. But it's all rumor and speculation. Probably won't happen anytime soon. Who knows with the China expansion that's going on.

Hey Av8trix,

It takes a lot to make Brown look good, but you looked great the other night... How did it feel to be slumming around the Purple Hub? Have you and your man decided where to live when you grow up yet? When does the TX class finish?

Slummin'

It was good to see you too...

We bought a house in Louisville over the weekend; Fern Creek area if you are familiar. The first 8 months of payments are going to really hurt until we start making real money -- hope the contract negotiations go well (at both places)!

TX lasts 2 months; hopefully he hasn't forgotten everything about the 727 by then. My training is 4 months at Altus...probably starting in October. Agreeing to do the reserves is what got me a house in domicile....hope I don't regret that compromise! The hubby is thinking about bidding ANC; what do you think?

I "slum" around FedEx quite a bit; they are great to commute on from SDF! I'm sure I'll see you out there again. Take care!

Just a complete wild shot in the dark....

av8trix your husband's name wouldn't be Kelly would it? ;)

The official airport standby (ahem) beeyotch of the past couple of weeks?

If so, tell him him that Rich says good luck in Viper school, but his most important task is bidding 101!

Latest resources

Back