UPS Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
71KILO said:
A guy in my unit just got hired as a managment pilot. Training department. I won't say which airframe just in case. He's a good guy and I hope he doesn't get tainted by management. He should be a good guy with respect for senior guys.

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to go ahead and apply. It doesn't suprise me your friend is a good guy and probably well above his peers when it comes to flying. Apparently mangement pilots become Capt's right away and are check airman shortly there after. You've gotta be a top stick and leader to be hired for such responsibilty right off the line. I don't idolize these guys but...... they are the Division I athletes of the airlines. I would be honored!!

Uppercrust said:
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to go ahead and apply. It doesn't suprise me your friend is a good guy and probably well above his peers when it comes to flying. Apparently mangement pilots become Capt's right away and are check airman shortly there after. You've gotta be a top stick and leader to be hired for such responsibilty right off the line. I don't idolize these guys but...... they are the Division I athletes of the airlines. I would be honored!!

How big is your trustfund?

Uppercrust said:

The management guys that have actual experience in their asigned airplane may exercise those rights soon after hire. Guys without such experience will fly only with another management captain for many, many months-maybe years-until they are ready. Add more years before check airman kicks in. The main job for all that time will be admin/supervise--flying your desk. But there is a fat paycheck.

"You've gotta be a top stick and leader to be hired for such responsibilty right off the line"

what can i say to this?? it is just well..funny in the cute way. you know the way when your little one looks up at you and smiles and says "daddy, i just poo-pooed." what can you say- it's just funny-

Uppercrust said:

He's a good guy but I've heard many MGT pilots are losers. Just be careful what you wish for and who you idolize. Most UPS guys have no love for MGt pilots. I know I don't want a MGT job. Line swine for me please...

71KILO said:
He's a good guy but I've heard many MGT pilots are losers.[/QUOTE]

That is probably coming from disgruntled line guys who didn't cut it for a management position. When you're top dog there are always those who will hate you for it.

I know I don't want a MGT job.

I think that is great. Not everybody wants or is able to handle the burden of leadership and flying skill required to be in a management pilot position. Not everyone can do it. I really want to give it a shot though.

Is this guy just a total flame bait poster or what???

"leadership and flying skill required to be in a management pilot position"

You have no idea how, and why, you are soooo wrong with this.

What is UPS's mil conversion factor? I didn't see it on the opening page for flight ops requirement's on the website?

Thanks
-Scrapdog-

Uppercrust said:
71KILO said:
He's a good guy but I've heard many MGT pilots are losers.[/QUOTE]

That is probably coming from disgruntled line guys who didn't cut it for a management position. When you're top dog there are always those who will hate you for it.

I think that is great. Not everybody wants or is able to handle the burden of leadership and flying skill required to be in a management pilot position. Not everyone can do it. I really want to give it a shot though.

Dude you sound perfect for the job. The exact mold they are looking for. I'll bet the line swine will love you!!! Good luck with that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back