• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long has it been taking from a internal rec to a call for a interview? Had a sr. mgmt at HQ rec. few months ago but no news yet.

I think your chances are better at FedEx - they're planning to hire over 800 pilots this year while UPS will hire about 120. Besides, my MD-11 buds at FedEx are happier campers than the one friend I have at UPS who's a 747 captain (but he's happier than he used to be when he was a Teamster).

GV

Not sure whats going on at FED-EX either. My sponser there, a check airman and my brother has been trying for a while and still nothing. Yet I know someone that blew their first interview over a year ago and didnt update and got a cold call for another interview. Must be me.

GVFlyer said:
I think your chances are better at FedEx - they're planning to hire over 800 pilots this year while UPS will hire about 120. Besides, my MD-11 buds at FedEx are happier campers than the one friend I have at UPS who's a 747 captain (but he's happier than he used to be when he was a Teamster).

GV

Don't know where you get 120. Last I heard, it was still about 300+ this year. You have to understand that some of the unhappiness is due to the contract issues right now. Just wait till FedEx goes 3 Plus years without one and see how happy they are.

The hiring numbers for 2006 are a mystery to everyone except the powers that be in Atlanta. Don't take anything you read on here for anything more than a rumor, especially stuff posted from folks who don't work at UPS.

Uppercrust said:
Any news on management pilot positions???

Duude, if I wasnt like luvvin da Tranny, maybe I could be a management pilot! Peeps say I gots da personality for it and stuff. As long as they be lettin me keep cool brewskis on hand to deal with like some of theese cats that aint gots no sense of humor, ...................................................., then like it be aalllllright!

Uppercrust said:
Any news on management pilot positions???

A guy in my unit just got hired as a managment pilot. Training department. I won't say which airframe just in case. He's a good guy and I hope he doesn't get tainted by management. He should be a good guy with respect for senior guys.

EMBPILOT1 said:
Don't know where you get 120. Last I heard, it was still about 300+ this year. You have to understand that some of the unhappiness is due to the contract issues right now. Just wait till FedEx goes 3 Plus years without one and see how happy they are.

I got it form Dougie, my UPS 747 friend, but I know his crystal ball isn't any better than anyone else's. All I was trying to say is that FedEx is going to hire more pilots this year so your chances are better there. For what it's worth, I have numerous friends at DHL/ABX, three at FedEx and one at UPS. All have 12 or more years with their respective organizations and the guys that like their job best are at FedEx.

GV

I hear ya, I was at the UPS training center the other day and even though nobody would give a number, it seems to be around the 300 mark. BUt you never know what you can believe over there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back