UPS Hiring!!!?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flx757 said:
Incorrect. The NFL decided that the Cowboys were in complience with the minority hiring practices by offering interviews to Dennis Green, among others. Even though they were phone interviews, and not face to face, they satisfied the letter of the law of the NFL.

Detroit, however, in hiring Steve Mariucci without interviewing any minority candidates whatsoever, was levied a hefty fine. Detroit's position was that they couldn't get any minority candidates to accept an interview because it was common knowledge that Mariucci was their man. This explanation did not fly with the NFL, so the fine was levied anyway.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't know about the Detroit situation. But that shows what my point about this overly PC BS is all about. It is insane that a Company, in this case the Detroit Lions would be fined for not interviewing people they have no interest in hiring. They wanted Mariucci, and they got him.

In the event that UPS does indeed start pulling from the pool and hiring this year, would it be after the upgrades from the most recent bid are completed or would it be done simultaneously? I'm just curious as to the state of the training department in the event that they do hire. Happy holidays to all out there and I hope this year is good to all of us in the industry.

There would be no reason to wait for the upgrades to finish before training new hires. Since all new hires would be FE's there are instructors there for that purpose only. More than likely they would be trained at the same time as the front seaters since our simulators can accomodate it.

My guess is they won't start hiring (if they do at all this year) until the next vacancy bid is announced and even closed. I am hearing anywhere from January till March until we see it.

I keep hearing from Captains that we will see 80 growth a year for the next 5-7 years due to retirements so they have to hire since we are stretched pretty thin.

UPS Pool?

How many folks are in UPS' pool? :eek:

Last edited:
As of the end of interviewing, UPS had between 70-80 in the pool. A few may have been hired as management pilots (not sure) and maybe a few at other airlines, but I think most are still there...

Have any of the poolies called HR lately? I haven't talked to them since Feb 03, when they informed me that the recruiting personnel were reassigned and that our files were in storage. She said then that the company would call if they needed an update (instead of me sending one every 6 months).

I called a few weeks ago and was told that there was nothing going on. I was told however that they (HR) might likely be the last to know. Understandable considering that UPS does continue to maintain a conservative posture throughout everything that is going on. Best of luck to all out there and hopefully this year is a prosperous one for everyone in our industry.

Latest resources

Back