• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Hiring!!!?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A guy I know here at Big D say's Big Brown will not hire in '04. His dad is a management pilot there (fleet capt, I believe). But, if it is anything like it is here, things always change.

Money

It does not cost these people anything to attend an Air Inc job fair/ They are asked to come and speak on their hiring or lack there of for the year. Air Inc pays for the rooms and everything else,,,,,, excuse me, you pay for all that.

Re: Money

Publishers said:
It does not cost these people anything to attend an Air Inc job fair/ They are asked to come and speak on their hiring or lack there of for the year. Air Inc pays for the rooms and everything else,,,,,, excuse me, you pay for all that.

And it was worth every penny of it!

Im not saying that we are hiring, but what I am trying to say is this,

I volunteer to help at these Air Inc things with UPS in the past. HR told me that they were stopping going to the Air Inc events because we(UPS) is not going to be hiring anyone in the near future. Hence the lack of our (UPS) appearnce at any Air Inc events in the past year and a half. UPS says that they are going to an Air Inc event. We'll either the food in Dallas is very good, Motel rooms are to die for or things MAY be changing as far as hiring in the near (next year) future.

The official position is no hiring, but I will tell you this, the air group will be the last group to know about hiring when the decision is made to do it, that includes Management pilots and Fleet managers. UPS Atlanta will call the CP or HR and say, ok, hire me some pilots starting tomorrow...

Knowing what I know about UPS. These guys would NOT be spinning there wheels by going to Air Inc if there was no reason... This company doesnt waste time. Time is money and UPS is all about the money... Just my opinion thought

I agree with BBDC8

UPS never telegraphs what its going to do with hiring and never has. If the manager's say they know what's going on with hiring they're full of it. Nothing happens till Atlanta gives the go-ahead. That said, there WAS a reason they didn't attend the past two years and there is likely a REASON they're attending this year. My guess is with all the upgrade's scheduled, and retirments, it is likely you'll see some hiring in 04 and quite a bit more in 05 (after the contract is signed). The contract could be holding up waht would normally be a hiring period but who knows. Anyway, Good luck and poolies hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiring req

Given that the rumor and speculation is true, and UPS begins hiring when the contract is signed, will the FE written still be required/heavily desired?

If you consider the airfare, hotel, and the $200 Air Inc charges as anything, then YES it costs. Figure $500.

Latest resources

Back