UPS Hiring!!!?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H25BCPTN

UPS will be attending the January 17 Air, Inc's Job Fair at DFW. They have not been to a job fair since they have stopped hiring so lets hope this is good news for next year.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Fly safe

:cool:

UPS at DFW Air Inc.

Any of the UPS bros. have any gouge on this? I know a few folks who are trying to decide whether to attend this seminar. :eek:

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about this, however I doubt that UPS would spend the money to attend without having thoughts of hiring sometime in the near future. I've heard of Air Inc putting out bad info about what airlines are attending. I hope that we are there, however I'll believe it when I see it in person as the current official company line is no hiring planned in 2004.

They've been there before and not hired

They were there at the January, 2002 conference, and as far as I know, haven't brought a pilot on the property in that entire two-year period. Heck, United was there too! Just cuz they are there, doesn't mean they are hiring.

They did interview a few people in 2002 before they shut down the HR department in March or April. As for United going to an Air Inc job fair, well think about it. Don't think too hard. UPS would only be going if it is going to be interviewing in the near future. This was their offical reason for not attending the last few years. Thus why interview unless you plan to hire. I hope this is logical thinking and we do see hiring the first part of the year.

Fly Safe

:cool:

This is just speculation, however,
I know we just had a bid for 52 new Capt positions in Dec. I have heard that there will be another bid in April time frame for around the same number of upgrades again. I cant see how we can upgrade so many (approx. 100) and not hire a few... Again, Im speculating, nothing official...
My advice is if your interested in getting hired here, get your stuff in on the UPS website, If the website is not accepting resumes, go to the Air Inc. thing... I went to 7 (Air Inc.) and finally got it. Our company is doing great and there is major expansion going on with China. Hiring is inevitable. Dont wait till the last min, they will go right past you and look at the people who REALLY want to be here.
Ive heard we have about 80 in the pool, Im going to do some snooping around in the next few weeks. I am not a management pilot, just a line dawg, but have volunteered to help at these Air Inc. events in the past. Face time is important. If your a furloughed pilot looking at UPS, you need to be very persuasive to the recruiters. UPS doesn't want to waste time and money for pilots who are only looking for a job until there old one calls them back, they want pilots who want to stay here for their career. Think about it...and Good luck...

UPS Hiring

I had a UPS jumpseater the other day and he didn't think that UPS would hire until the 4th quarter of 04. But lets hope that this is wrong.

Beech 1900Driver

UPS Web Page

I haven't had alot of luck sorting thru UPS' Web Page. No hits in the Air Operations window and no hits under a word search for "pilot" positions. That because the jobs aren't posted yet?

Also, can you post a resume there not against a specific position...the page seems to allow that, just curious.:eek:

Latest resources

Back