• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS hiring window: OPEN for transoceanic heavy drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how about taking a DC-3 across the pacific,OAK-HNL-Tarawa-Guam-Trukk-MNL-BKK? still working on 1000PIC kerosene in the 72.

Good. Guess their thinking of us who came from ACMI carriers who would love to only be on an INTL trip for 12 days instead of the 18-20 we're used to, IMHO.

p.s. to all you SJS boys, go out and get a real job now and really learn how to fly. Sorry, you can't buy that experience now matter how hard you try. 63 countires in 3.5 years on 5 of the 7 continents. Now thats fun. And yes you can get a Heinken and Budweiser in all but 2 unless you wnat to go to jail. Spent plenty of time in Betty Ford East(Kuwait and Saudi)

You sound like a pretty awesome pilot whom we should all aspire to emulate! Can you please give us peons some insight into how we can achieve this level of mastery?

Thanks in advance!

Do you think Miami - Panama - San Jose - Miami roundtrip single pilot in a UPS Metro( we had 5) at night with no autopilot counts.

Good. Guess their thinking of us who came from ACMI carriers who would love to only be on an INTL trip for 12 days instead of the 18-20 we're used to, IMHO.

p.s. to all you SJS boys, go out and get a real job now and really learn how to fly. Sorry, you can't buy that experience now matter how hard you try. 63 countires in 3.5 years on 5 of the 7 continents. Now thats fun. And yes you can get a Heinken and Budweiser in all but 2 unless you wnat to go to jail. Spent plenty of time in Betty Ford East(Kuwait and Saudi)

Perhaps a real job to the people you are referring to is a job that gets them home to their families three/four nights every week.

P.S. - Now who's keeping it real.

To all of you guys and gals who are busting your buns doing the five leg a day gig to build experience to get to a better place - hang in there but be warned there will always be one ******************************bag in the cockpit telling you how his journey was more difficult and therefore more legitimate than yours. Unfortunately for UPS - they just picked up another one.

Respectfully,

fareview.

Do you think Miami - Panama - San Jose - Miami roundtrip single pilot in a UPS Metro( we had 5) at night with no autopilot counts.

It should my brother

So what is the bottom line for all the non-trans-oceanic experience guys(myself included)????

Should I fill out the app anyway just to have it on file for the future? Or will the system turn me down and lock me out until 2008??

What is everybody doing?

So what is the bottom line for all the non-trans-oceanic experience guys(myself included)????

Should I fill out the app anyway just to have it on file for the future? Or will the system turn me down and lock me out until 2008??

What is everybody doing?
That'a a good question. Looking at the job posting:
All applicants must possess the following basic qualifications:
  • Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total fixed-wing pilot time
  • Have a minimum of 500 hours as either PIC or SIC in Transport Category aircraft or military equivalent
  • Have transoceanic crossing experience as either PIC or SIC
  • Have a minimum of 1000 hours pilot in command (PIC) hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop
    • Pilot in Command, per FAR 1.1, means the person who:
      • Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
      • Has been designated as the pilot in command before or during the flight;
      • Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight
it would seem to say hold off. But I don't know for sure. I'll see if my bud can ask PD directly for some guidance.

u cant even get to the app unless u check the "oceanic crossing experience" block.if u do not have the experience and check the box to get to the app then it is a lie, easily uncovered later in the process. i have flown to every corner of the earth with no disqualifiers and apparently i am not qualified either.

Precontact, if you get you app "on file" are they not going to even look at it or is it saying that you dont meet all the quals right now. And will I be locked out until 2008? I would hate that since I got all the quals right now. C-17 IP here with 1400 PIC hours, and plenty of transoceanic experience. Would you suggest going to Air Inc to give them a good updated resume? Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back