Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS hiring to slow to a trickle the remainder of 2006.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually we have had 2 or 3 newhires leave for SWA after less than 6 months or property! I know this for a fact cause I have been on property for almost a year and a half now. Lucky me? Not! just hard work and determination! No luck here!!

From what I have gathered from these boards there was a pool before 9/11.Chris97021

That’s exactly my point; I’m trying to find out if there’s a way for a “longtime” poolie to improve his or her score somehow? Because the way I understand it now, in order to get hired first you must compete against “the whole world” to get an interview and be placed in the pool, then you must compete against everyone in the pool to actually get the job! If they at least said something like “well, you scored 6 out of 10 and right now we are only hiring 7-10 but maybe in the next 6 months you’ll be able to get the call.” Of course, ultimately it’s their call. In the meantime, I wish you Chris, LLB and everyone else out there waiting the very best and a “good-call” very soon! Please let us know if you find out anything about the “brown pool” mystery.

Its true, I had a personal friend leave UPS for SWA. He had been here just over a year and had been displaced from the right seat 757 to the back seat 727.

Let me tell you all something. He is very happy at SWA. Hold a good schedule (regardless of all those who dont work there telling you how bad thier schedules are) he hold a good one, makes more there than he would have here and over the past 3 years sonce he left, he's made more long term as well, and best of all, SWA treats him like an asset and he LOVES his job.

No BS here. You will NEVER have that at UPS. Its unfortunate, but most the box heads just dont understand why people are leaving UPS for FedEx or SWA...

Those of us whom work here on the line, know exactly why they leave... Hell, if I could get a job offer at FedEx or SWA, Id consider leaving in a heart beat... No ********************...

Lifeguard, AnimalTail, Chris,

We have done it all. Sponsors have called, I even went to a air inc fair to go say hello.
I hope not to get stuck like those guys did before 9/11, but I will just have to wait and see. For now, I'll drink a beer in Ireland before I head to Guam for a few days!!!

Thanks for the support,
LLB

Last edited:
I know it's different strokes for different folks but I would NEVER leave UPS to go fly people at SWA...but that's just my opinion.

Someone with your experience on the 75/76 AND international flying would seem like an ideal candidate for UPS, then again, it’s their call! Well, fortunately you seem to have a good gig while you’re waiting on something much better - which I’m sure will materialize sooner than later. Hang in there!

Enjoy Ireland

and the beer(s) :)

LittleLearBoy said:
Great, Looks like another year in the brown water pool!!

Why is life so mean??

LLB

Never fear my friend. I'll be doing the breast stroke right next to you. Here's to one more year in the pool!

Mega... You know me, I walk to a different beat than most UPSers, besides, I like people... <BG>

How you been???

Stop by the training center and say hi sometime...

BBDC8

capt. megadeth said:
I know it's different strokes for different folks but I would NEVER leave UPS to go fly people at SWA...but that's just my opinion.

Just curious if you would have left SWA for UPS in 2005, had SWA offered you a 737 type rating scholarship along with a class date back in 2004?

Yahtzee said:
Just curious if you would have left SWA for UPS in 2005, had SWA offered you a 737 type rating scholarship along with a class date back in 2004?

I don't know....that's a reallllllly tough one. I wouldn't leave UPS for SWA now though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back