Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS hiring to slow to a trickle the remainder of 2006.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPSer said:
Not flame. Latest hiring projections from the company.

Doesn't surprise me. On one hand they are significantly behind in manning (according to the IPA's computer staffing model). On the other hand, if a new contract is signed in the next few months, the "enticements" (125% opentime, 150% JA) will suck up all the extra flying like a giant New Orleans pump! Reserve will once again be a good deal. Heck, we can barely contain the greed among a small percentage of our crew force during these troubled times as it is. New contract = open season on open time! Sad, but true.

BBB

UPS screwing anybody.... NAH!!!!!!!

This is funny, b/c when I used to work there 10+ years ago, as an accounting slave... they wouldn't let you work more than 5 straight hours, or they would have to pay you overtime. They expected you to take a break (lunch, are you kidding me at 11:00PM) BTW, the production/sorts had to be done by 11:00PM.

Screwind anybody? I don't think so... ;)

Spill the beans...

Hey UPSer,

I saw a similar post on the other board about this rumor. What is the rumor, other than them looking for loopholes?

Ive been told that Pilot Recruitment is allowed to hire pilots so that our Sr list does not exceed 2768 pilots. I think that leaves roughly 35 more for the year. (Yes, completely embarrassing) These are pre-contract numbers and supposedly, if a new contract is signed or rumored to be signed, the numbers will be revised... of course in ATL...

BBDC8

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Ive been told that Pilot Recruitment is allowed to hire pilots so that our Sr list does not exceed 2768 pilots. I think that leaves roughly 35 more for the year. (Yes, completely embarrassing) These are pre-contract numbers and supposedly, if a new contract is signed or rumored to be signed, the numbers will be revised... of course in ATL...

BBDC8

With only 35 line guys being hired I can guess my shot at a management position is pretty much nil. F@ch!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back