UPS Hiring News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations!

Congratualtions Green Baron 737, that is great news about you getting the call!!

Hopefully the call is just around the corner for the rest of us in the pool!

DR

the management pilots are hired to stand around shoot the sh..t and make coffee and scab in case of a strike. (pretty much they are ups's dogs to come after u when needed) rather go collect garbage than being offered a management position.

A friend of mine told me that UPS is also revamping their recommendation process. He has to redo my online recommendation. So if you had buddies out there who wrote you online recs, you may want to pimp them about it. Supposedly there is a lot more room for much more detailed responses for various character traits. Good luck.

Management pilot openings are advertised separately on the upsjobs website. I'm not sure exactly what the positions are called: something like Flight Supervisor. I do know they are recruiting for those positions and say they are looking to hire about 25 management pilots.

Obviously, there are lots of differing opinions on the position. Management pilots are not in the union, and don't have a seniority number, which is different than other airlines I know about. Supposedly the money is big, but I really don't know. I'm pretty sure you have to live in Louisville to start out, though there are management positions located in various UPS "gateways" around the country.

Okaythen said:
Obviously, there are lots of differing opinions on the position. Management pilots are not in the union, and don't have a seniority number, which is different than other airlines I know about. Supposedly the money is big, but I really don't know. I'm pretty sure you have to live in Louisville to start out, though there are management positions located in various UPS "gateways" around the country.

If you have a choice between a line and a mgmt, the decision is easy. However, if they only offer you a mgmt position, you will have to decide what is best for you given your circumstances. Once in mgmt, they own you for life -- no turning back! You have no control of your life. In any case, don't let the $$$ and four stripes cloud your judgement.

There are a few mgmt positions in MIA, DFW, PHL, RFD, ONT, and ANC, but the majority are in SDF. Some manglers do commute, but the company makes life a living hell for them.

"Obviously, there are lots of differing opinions on the position." ???

news to me. i thought all shared the same opinion. (maybe the newbies haven't gotten pissed on yet. yet- but its coming.

"maybe the newbies haven't gotten pissed on yet. yet- but its coming."

What do you mean by that?? Are the newbies used as skin puppets while in contract talks?

Latest resources

Back