UPS Hiring News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Okaythen

Well, this is probably bad news for some but hopefully good news for the poolies. Direct from UPS HR, interviewing is slowing down to virtually nil. The reason for this is that approximately 230 have been hired this year, and there are between 60-70 in the pool. It was implied that the plan is to drain the majority of the pool to complete the planned hiring of 300 for the year.

Hiring plans after the 300 number is reached is unknown. I suspect that nothing else will be released until the contract negotiations are completed, but no one outside of crew planning seems to know for sure.

OK

I heard a rumor that we may announce another 250 to be hired next year. Anyone else hear that?

capt. megadeth said:
I heard a rumor that we may announce another 250 to be hired next year. Anyone else hear that?
For what it’s worth, I spoke with PD earlier this week and asked if he anticipated hiring to continue beyond the previously announced 300. His response was that they hadn’t yet been told what the hiring plan is for 2006 but that he didn’t think it would be as much as this year.

Again, this was just PD’s opinion and he acknowledged there has been no official word regarding ’06 hiring up to this point.

He did say they are currently focusing interviews on management candidates.

RB

the ol airline within an airline. get as many right seat new-hires on prop. and increase the size of the mgt airline.

oh yeh-strike vote results in today.

(before any more line guys hired-will have to furlough 300, have 3 displacement bids and increase the mgt. airline)

fbt

I personally know one guy that interviewed this week and he said there were 2 others that he saw interviewing for line positions.

What do UPS management pilots do anyway ?

I assume they don't fly......is it an office job...like a Chief pilot ?

If you apply online, are they considering you for that position also ?

Slightly confused,

320AV8R

Well I finally got the call from UPS. Been in the deepend for a long time and I am very happy to be getting out. Got my medical coming up and possible class date on the 29th of Sept. All 7 are going 75/76 which is what I would have chosen if I had to pick. Seems to me they are draining the pool (must be.....I got called).

I hope all the poolies especially the deependers get out soon. Good luck to all and hope to see the pool drained empty.
So happy to be joining brown!

1800 rvr and lakelivin: Have a cold one waiting for me. :)
GB

"I assume they don't fly"

They are flight qualified and fly enough to stay legal.

"If you apply online, are they considering you for that position also"

Don't know.

Latest resources

Back