UPS Hiring Hotline #?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T/A vote

The result of the TA vote won't be counted till 5-29 and we should know something then. Also you do not have to live in SDF to work for us. I would estimate about 25% of our new hires move there. So don't sweat it.

I be willing to bet there will be no contract amendment until about 2 years after the amendable date of December 2003 and probably a furlough of at least 40 pilots in July 2002.

Furlough?

From a rational, company, standpoint (yeah right)....that would be the worst thing they could do. I believe a furlough wouldn't go over very well with the UPS pilot group....it would unite the group in a way we haven't seen in several years. Which would actually be good thing.....

On the other hand....they gotta be pissed that we turned down the TA and will be looking for a way to get even....get under our skin and, as usual, show us who's really in charge. It's all about control....

Personally, I don't think they will find it worth their time to furlough....

Smokin' Crack???

Packdog, are you management? It just seems that you are a bit too disappointed that the TA was voted down.

The suggestion that turning down the TA will result in a furlough is just plain ridiculous. If UPS wants to furlough, they will do it, with or without a TA. UPS is a VERY profitable company and the TA amounted to a low ball offer. There is no restriction to using Captains as IRO's. Using FO's would have saved the company money, but it didn't give the pilots much of anything except an incentive to work more (thus less hiring, not more).

The TA not passing won't hurt the company's abilty to grow their route structure or continue to acquire airplanes. Nor will it hurt the company's profitablity. Don't get me wrong, I want the company to do well and grow. But when we work for the most profitable company in the transportation industry, we should have industry leading wages.

I venture to say that if the TA had passed, we wouldn't have seen a contract for "about two years after the amendable date." Do you think that passing the TA would have given UPS an incentive to negotiate a new contract on time...no way. They obviously wanted an amendment or they never would have offered a TA while they are in negotiations with the teamsters.

Peace, WG

No Furlough

According to rumor control from the Chief pilot today...the excess of 40 pilots at UPS is just rumor not true (see the union website).

Latest resources

Back