Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS hiring 60+ more before year end, (1500 TT and 1000 PIC)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

slick1

Flight Officer - Louisville, KY 11/3/2005
UPS plans on hiring an additional 60+ pilots through 2005 and have hired 232 pilots YTD.
Minimum Requirements:
* Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
* Hold a current ATP certificate OR hold an ATP written with a commercial pilot airplane multiengine land certificate with instrument certificate
* Hold a current flight engineer written or current flight engineer certificate
* Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total flight time
* Have a minimum of 1000 hours pilot in command (PIC) hours in fixed- wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop
* Hold an FCC restricted radiotelephone operator permit
* Hold a valid passport
* Have authorization to work in the United States
* Be at least twenty-one years of age

Degree Preferred: Bachelors Job Description:Flight officers at UPS are responsible for the safe, on-time and efficient operation of our aircraft. The candidates recency and type of experience will be considered. Click Here to Apply Online

slick1 said:

* Have a minimum of 1000 hours pilot in command (PIC) hours in fixed- wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop

Is there an airplane weight requirement on that?

Hey guys,

Just to let you know, there is no weight req. on the 1000 PIC turbine. Mine was in a good ole 1900D. Also, you really only need 1 rec. from either a pilot or a manager-type person. Unfortunately, a box thrower probably won't work.

The biggest hurdle right now is overcoming all of the apps that are in the system. And that is where the rec letter comes in play. In my case, I believe it was THE reason I got the interview. Good luck to all trying to get on.

P.S. The night sked is not bad at all, depending which a/c you get.

I'm starting a "pay for recommendation" program. $10,000 per recommendation. $20,000 to say I actually know you!

I would be curious what fleets these pilots would go to, and how they plan on hiring & training 60+ pilots in the next eight weeks over Peak.

OpenSkies said:
I'm starting a "pay for recommendation" program. $10,000 per recommendation. $20,000 to say I actually know you!

That was hilarious........sweet post

Don't they have a few thousand resumes on their desk already? I would think it would take a few months to even get an interview lined up. Does anyone know what the call back time frame is?

Latest resources

Back