Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
135fr8r said:
Bless your little fu***** heart.

Why do people who don't get paid enough for what they do take vicious pleasure in knowing other people also don't get paid enough?

fr8r, do you think a pilot for a major cargo carrier should be unable to support children and a stay-at-home spouse? Own a nice home? Drive late-model cars? Send his/her children to college? Enjoy a comfortable retirement? In short, have a nice slice of the American dream?

If this is what you think, then you must be very happy about the industry-wide ratchet-down in the airline business -- pretty soon, we'll all be as miserable as you seem.

81Horse said:
Why do people who don't get paid enough for what they do take vicious pleasure in knowing other people also don't get paid enough?

fr8r, do you think a pilot for a major cargo carrier should be unable to support children and a stay-at-home spouse? Own a nice home? Drive late-model cars? Send his/her children to college? Enjoy a comfortable retirement? In short, have a nice slice of the American dream?

If this is what you think, then you must be very happy about the industry-wide ratchet-down in the airline business -- pretty soon, we'll all be as miserable as you seem.

Dude, the guy is a five year F/O and makes just under 100,000. I think he has issues with money managment. Does he think he is going to get pay cuts soon? His pay will continue to go up and top 200,000 one day. Or hopefully he will get so fed up, quit and let me take his place. I will be very thankfull if i were working with one of the top three majors in the industry.

I'm far from miserable....lol. I have a 4 minute drive to work, and am home most evenings/nights which means my kids actually have a "daddy". I drive a late model truck, I'm still paying for school, have all the bills most have plus some, and I don't make 94K per year. I fly newer equipment than he does, fly for a Fortune 300 Corporation, and average 600 hrs per year which is considered very high for part 91. Am I bitter? Not at all. I know things could be much better paywise, but I'm happy as Hell to have a job right now. This guy is a 5 year F/O for God's sake, and you want me to feel sorry for him? I think not!!! Maybe the two of you should get together and make out, and maybe just hold one another for a little while as you reassure one another things will be ok. Is this guy going to be pitching a fit when he's making over 200K as a Captain someday? He knew what he was getting into when he took the job for $27.00 per hour for first year pay.

Last edited:
av8er23 said:
Dude, the guy is a five year F/O and makes just under 100,000. I think he has issues with money managment. Does he think he is going to get pay cuts soon? His pay will continue to go up and top 200,000 one day. Or hopefully he will get so fed up, quit and let me take his place. I will be very thankfull if i were working with one of the top three majors in the industry.

You are typical of the new crop of pilots. You would just be tickled pink to take my job at it's current pay and be TOTALLY satisfied to never make a penny more. What is it with people that love to drag others down to their level. Don't you aspire to have a true "career" at an airline making the "big bucks" like you fantasized about when you first started flying lessons? With an attitude like you have you will never get attain a career like you dreamed of.

You would just be tickled pink to take my job at it's current pay and be TOTALLY satisfied to never make a penny more.

Why would I want your job? So I can wear that crappy brown uniform that makes you look like a bellman at the Hilton? If you are that ignorant to not know the solution to your problem, maybe I can help.

FU***ING QUIT AND GO TO MED SCHOOL

HaHa

I would be totally satisfied knowing I work for a pretty secure company and my pay is going to do nothing but go up. needapayraise you were probably part of the same Delta group that went on strike several years ago because they were capping pay at 300,000. The last Air Inc. survey shows that the smallest 10th year capt. at UPS makes a little over 200,000

In that case I think you need to change your screen to "the unappreciative brown bus driver"

You guys that disparage UPS and FedEx pilots for trying to make large gains in their contracts just amaze me. Do you realize that UPS just paid for Overnight (a trucking company) for $1 billion dollars in CASH!!! UPS makes billions of dollars a year in profit. That's not revenue, it's pure profit.

Why should the UPS pilots not fight like mad to get a big portion of that? The air division of UPS makes up roughly one half of the total revenue of the company, despite the fact that it's rather small compared to the trucking side. Why should the UPS pilots not be compensated for that? UPS could afford to pay the pilots 400% raises, so I think if he asks for a 40% raise, then that's pretty reasonable. Stop trying to push these guys down. At least someone is out there trying to raise the bar as everyone else is taking cuts.

av8er23 said:
HaHa

I would be totally satisfied knowing I work for a pretty secure company and my pay is going to do nothing but go up. needapayraise you were probably part of the same Delta group that went on strike several years ago because they were capping pay at 300,000. The last Air Inc. survey shows that the smallest 10th year capt. at UPS makes a little over 200,000

In that case I think you need to change your screen to "the unappreciative brown bus driver"
Hey genius,

Care to tell me WHY you know that his pay is going to do "nothing but go up."?

And this:

av8er23 said:
Dude, the guy is a five year F/O and makes just under 100,000. I think he has issues with money management.
Shows that you are not only a complete Ass but also one who likes to assume things about other peoples' lives.

Should we all post our income and expenses to get your approval? Or should 40-year old guys with several kids be forced to live on your pathetic single-man regimen, eating Top-Ramen and darning our own socks when they wear out?

You might not know it, but some people enjoy driving something OTHER than AMC Pacers into the employee lot. These are also the people that get LAID occassionally.

In case you haven't figured it out, ENVY is not a good color.

Let it go.

Pay usually increases year to year. This goes with most companies but UPS could be an exception.

I am assuming nothing. He openly shared his facts: income (94,000) and expenses (a morgage payment). He must have one hell of morgage payment. Some of you guys get so up tight. I am totally for pilots getting good pay. I think that the guy should make more than what he is making as he puts in more time with the company. I simply think that it is lots more unfair for the regionals to pay a five year guy 30k than it is for ups to pay a five year guy what he makes and for him to complain about it.

Last edited:
av8er23 said:
I am totally for pilots getting good pay. I think that the guy should make more than what he is making as he puts in more time with the company. I simply think that it is lots more unfair for the regionals to pay a five year guy 30k than it is for ups to pay a five year guy what he makes and for him to complain about it.

What is unfair about this?

And what does your "perceived" complaining have to do with it?

Should the pay be based on the bottom guy (a sweaty check-hauler who is so busy that he can't post here)......or the top guy (a FDX MD-11 Captain making over $200/hour).

Sorry, but I'm getting tired and can't post right now. I'll rejoin this discussion when I can!

Rich

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back