UPS/FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Utah said:
Has anybody been hired or even interviewed at either place in the last couple years without an internal recommendation?

I think at UPS the only ones I have ever heard of were former interns.

Utah said:
Has anybody been hired or even interviewed at either place in the last couple years without an internal recommendation?

I think at UPS the only ones I have ever heard of were former interns.

airmasn said:
So do you think it is worth going to Air, Inc. fair in Atlanta and talking to the recruiter then for FedEx? I have a sponsor but since there is not grip and grin going on right now, I figured what the hell

Airmasn, don't really know much about Air Inc. these days. For some reason FedEx has also stopped the grip and grin with the ACPs (ass't Chief Pilots). They used these to get a face-to-face with prospective new hires and also put some responsibility on the crew members making the recommendations for their friends. They probably stopped doing this since they have enough new hire candidates in which to keep interviewing. Unofficially I have heard that FedEx will hire 30 pilots/month through 2009. If you know anybody on property, better make hay while the sunshines.

As for the 500TT and tata's, that used to get you through the door, but I think now you have to have the 1000 Turbine PIC like eveyone else, especially since there are so many guys on the street. Good luck.

that's what I dont get...if FedEx has so many waiting to be interviewed thru the grip n grin, why do they even bother going to Air, Inc.? I have a sponsor and 3 internal letters of rec., but with no grip n grin until January(?), I considered going to Air, Inc. last weekend.

Not hiring you without internal recommendations has got to be illegal. Someone should look into filing a lawsuit against UPS and FedEx for discrimination.

RJDC said:
Not hiring you without internal recommendations has got to be illegal. Someone should look into filing a lawsuit against UPS and FedEx for discrimination.

dude seriously...shut the hell up. Leave that stupid train of thought back with all of the other threads youve said the same thing in. nobody cares and you only make yourself sound like a whiner with no connections anywhere.

RJDC said:

Hey Littleman- why don't you try to earn your position? That's a new concept for ya! Nothing is "Owed" to you except for a big fat cup of shut the F*** up!!!!!! :nuts:

Latest resources

Back