UPS/FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Utah

Has anybody been hired or even interviewed at either place in the last couple years without an internal recommendation?

Nope

I asked my friend the other day. Hey how many of the guys in your class at Fedex didn't have someone walk them in to a chief pilot?

Any guesses?

None.

ewarning

I've been told that the ONLY way you will get an interview at FedEx is to have a sponsor who has flown with you walk you into an ACP's office.

I work at FedEx and I can virtually guarantee you that no one gets hired who has not been recommended by another crew member (preferable at least three, they must have actually flown with you, and it's better if they're Captains). It is the quintessential good ol' boy network. If you don't know anybody, you better be a minority or get to know somebody right away. Just my opinion, but I believe it's still true today.

Champ42272 said:
I work at FedEx and I can virtually guarantee you that no one gets hired who has not been recommended by another crew member (preferable at least three, they must have actually flown with you, and it's better if they're Captains). It is the quintessential good ol' boy network. If you don't know anybody, you better be a minority or get to know somebody right away. Just my opinion, but I believe it's still true today.

So do you think it is worth going to Air, Inc. fair in Atlanta and talking to the recruiter then for FedEx? I have a sponsor but since there is not grip and grin going on right now, I figured what the hell

Champ42272 said:

With that in mind, any FedEx pilots living in the Denver area want to get a beer sometime?

Champ42272 said:

Wait....I thought if you were a chick, you could get a job anywhere with 500TT and 2 tatas...
Like, is that not true? Cuz I was bettin on that to like get a job.....

Actually, I think we only hire chick pilots that have multiple alcohol related offenses on their driving record....they then can also be expected to upgrade 2 months after said offense :nuts:

500tt is only suggested. :beer:

i just checked my logbook--
500 TT.......check
2 tatas.......not a column for tata's

help what do i do?

Latest resources

Back