• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

UPS/FedEx

Utah

Total Time
Has anybody been hired or even interviewed at either place in the last couple years without an internal recommendation?

ewarning

Total Time
Nope

I asked my friend the other day. Hey how many of the guys in your class at Fedex didn't have someone walk them in to a chief pilot?

Any guesses?

None.

ewarning

fartknocker

Pitot Heat Operator
Total Time
I've been told that the ONLY way you will get an interview at FedEx is to have a sponsor who has flown with you walk you into an ACP's office.

Champ42272

Better than a J-3 Cub
Total Time
I work at FedEx and I can virtually guarantee you that no one gets hired who has not been recommended by another crew member (preferable at least three, they must have actually flown with you, and it's better if they're Captains). It is the quintessential good ol' boy network. If you don't know anybody, you better be a minority or get to know somebody right away. Just my opinion, but I believe it's still true today.

airmasn

Total Time
Champ42272 said:
I work at FedEx and I can virtually guarantee you that no one gets hired who has not been recommended by another crew member (preferable at least three, they must have actually flown with you, and it's better if they're Captains). It is the quintessential good ol' boy network. If you don't know anybody, you better be a minority or get to know somebody right away. Just my opinion, but I believe it's still true today.

So do you think it is worth going to Air, Inc. fair in Atlanta and talking to the recruiter then for FedEx? I have a sponsor but since there is not grip and grin going on right now, I figured what the hell

Trogdor

Burninating the Peasants
Total Time
7000+
Champ42272 said:

With that in mind, any FedEx pilots living in the Denver area want to get a beer sometime?

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
Total Time
>4999
Champ42272 said:

Wait....I thought if you were a chick, you could get a job anywhere with 500TT and 2 tatas...
Like, is that not true? Cuz I was bettin on that to like get a job.....

DisPatchThis

Total Time
43 min
Actually, I think we only hire chick pilots that have multiple alcohol related offenses on their driving record....they then can also be expected to upgrade 2 months after said offense :nuts:

500tt is only suggested. :beer:

JohnnyCash

Total Time
n/a
i just checked my logbook--
500 TT.......check
2 tatas.......not a column for tata's

help what do i do?

V-STALL

The Resourcer!
Total Time
8200+
Utah said:
Has anybody been hired or even interviewed at either place in the last couple years without an internal recommendation?

I think at UPS the only ones I have ever heard of were former interns.

V-STALL

The Resourcer!
Total Time
8200+
Utah said:

I think at UPS the only ones I have ever heard of were former interns.

Champ42272

Better than a J-3 Cub
Total Time
airmasn said:
So do you think it is worth going to Air, Inc. fair in Atlanta and talking to the recruiter then for FedEx? I have a sponsor but since there is not grip and grin going on right now, I figured what the hell

Airmasn, don't really know much about Air Inc. these days. For some reason FedEx has also stopped the grip and grin with the ACPs (ass't Chief Pilots). They used these to get a face-to-face with prospective new hires and also put some responsibility on the crew members making the recommendations for their friends. They probably stopped doing this since they have enough new hire candidates in which to keep interviewing. Unofficially I have heard that FedEx will hire 30 pilots/month through 2009. If you know anybody on property, better make hay while the sunshines.

As for the 500TT and tata's, that used to get you through the door, but I think now you have to have the 1000 Turbine PIC like eveyone else, especially since there are so many guys on the street. Good luck.

airmasn

Total Time
that's what I dont get...if FedEx has so many waiting to be interviewed thru the grip n grin, why do they even bother going to Air, Inc.? I have a sponsor and 3 internal letters of rec., but with no grip n grin until January(?), I considered going to Air, Inc. last weekend.

R

RJDC

Not hiring you without internal recommendations has got to be illegal. Someone should look into filing a lawsuit against UPS and FedEx for discrimination.

airmasn

Total Time
RJDC said:
Not hiring you without internal recommendations has got to be illegal. Someone should look into filing a lawsuit against UPS and FedEx for discrimination.

dude seriously...shut the hell up. Leave that stupid train of thought back with all of the other threads youve said the same thing in. nobody cares and you only make yourself sound like a whiner with no connections anywhere.

V-STALL

The Resourcer!
Total Time
8200+
RJDC said:

Hey Littleman- why don't you try to earn your position? That's a new concept for ya! Nothing is "Owed" to you except for a big fat cup of shut the F*** up!!!!!! :nuts: