UPS & FDX jumpseat for OAL DXer's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deltabobo

I've tried to list numerous times with FX and 5Y as a backup in case my main options don't work out, but when I call Jumpseat Admin with each company, I can't get anywhere with these companies.

Does anybody here have any answers, any tips, that I don't know about?

I dont think they like OAL dispatcher jumpseaters; they would never bend over backwards for them pre-9/11; and now, well, you know the rest...

theres a thread about this I started about a half a year ago.......

it's frustrating, they won't take other airline dispatchers, even if you are in cass. the "jumpseat desk" at both, say no way to dispatchers....
SWA takes dispatchers from both, with no questions ask. As dispatch guy stated, it doesn't work in reverse.

good luck.

here's the thread:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=106786

Last edited:
Where is the ADF in all of this?? I agree to never say anything when denighed.. BUT.. when the heck are we ever goign to get any respect..

It got so bad since 911 that jumpseating is avoided by me at all costs... its easier to by a ticket.. it should not be this way.. If I remember corrctly, the ADF board has FedEX adx on the board, or somewhere in the food chain...

I am the first to note that the J/S is the pilots realm in contracts, but there really should be an easy way to address the dispatchers on a broad sense and for God's sake train the gaties in this issue.. how hard can it be..

I have a copy of the NWA FOM defining acceptable jumpseaters...and there are no provisions for offline dispatch jumpseaters.

Additionally a Captain friend of mine from AA maintains that they don't allow offline dispatch jumpseaters either. (Still hasn't sent me a copy from their FOM.)

My best jumpseat experiences have been with SWA. They are always gracious. (I can't say that for my own employer.)

With all the cut backs and grounded aircraft, it's only going to get more difficult to non-rev or commute.​

I have a copy of the NWA FOM defining acceptable jumpseaters...and there are no provisions for offline dispatch jumpseaters.​

Additionally a Captain friend of mine from AA maintains that they don't allow offline dispatch jumpseaters either. (Still hasn't sent me a copy from their FOM.)​

My best jumpseat experiences have been with SWA. They are always gracious. (I can't say that for my own employer.)​

With all the cut backs and grounded aircraft, it's only going to get more difficult to non-rev or commute.​

If memory serves, NWA allowed offline dispatchers who were TWU only. This was pre 9/11 though.

Your friend at AA is correct. They only allow their own dispatchers the jumpseat for recurrent and when the airplane is full. This is done for "fairness" to the gate/ramp folks who cannot jumpseat. AA non-revs still pay to fly.

Fedex used to be very dispatcher friendly pre-9/11 also. However, given some of the history there that sounds like a corporate decision to limit access. Though the guy that attacked the DC-10 crew was an online pilot. Who says the rules have to make sense?

Ditto SWA. Continental/Express and Alaska also very good. The Delta network as a whole has very good documentation spelling out dispatchers. Just gotta watch those CRJ100/200's and EMB-145's. My impression of post 9/11 is more positive though. I think it is much easier since CASS came into play as long as the agents know the entries.

i've jumpseated on nwa a number of times. i've had no problems at all. i'm not in cass either.

I have never attempted to jumpseat on NWA in all honesty. The friend who gave me a copy of their FOM is a senior 747 Captain and he didn't recommend requesting the jumpseat for offline dispatchers.There have been several co-workers who have attempted and have been declined...and they are in CASS.
I'm assuming you were given a seat in back since you are not in CASS? (I was referring to "actual cockpit jumpseat".)

Latest resources

Back