crxpilot

Waaasssuuuupppppp!!!!!
Hope the crew is safe.

UPS Cargo Plane crashes at Birmingham airport
Posted: Aug 14, 2013 12:29 AM HST
Updated: Aug 14, 2013 1:00 AM HST
By Mary Beth Harrison - email
BIRMINGHAM, AL -
We have breaking news out of East Birmingham this morning where a large plane has crashed near the Birmingham airport.

According to initial reports a UPS Cargo Plane has crashed near 19th Avenue North and North East Lake Boulevard. Alabama's 13 has a crew on the scene and according to the crew the plane is burning and the crew is not allowed to get closer due to explosions. There have now been atleast 3 explosions. There could be debris covering about half a mile.

Again Alabama's 13 has a crew on the scene and will bring you the latest as we receive more information.

When I saw the headline this morning, I was sure that I was going to find out that it was some small airplane and the media had screwed it up calling it UPS. This is really a shock.

http://http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/615/img/photos/2013/08/14/f2/ac/APTOPIX_UPS_Plane_Crash.JPE.JPG
This picture shows the Cockpit somewhat intact, but the Pilots were reportedly found approximately 150 yards away from the crash site. Did they walk out of the Aircraft only to succumb to their injuries after the fact? Very tragic. Prayers with the families of the crew.

I doubt both would. They had to have been ejected...... But you never know by that picture. Sad for sure.. Prayers to families..

Latest resources

Back