• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS contract breach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, boomlrd is way, WAY off-base in suggesting that UPS or the IPA owes pilots for the contractors preferential ANYTHING. To suggest otherwise is just plain silly. As contractors, we pilots don't work for UPS and our own companies were not acquired, so no preferential nuthin'.

But... As usual, FreightNazi can't (won't?) disguise his/her glee at the possibility of someone at a contractor being even slightly concerned with the prospect of their company being affected by the inevitable Menlo shutdown. The contractors will be "whoring themselves out", "undercutting", and "on the prowl". I know, I know, neither you nor anyone you've talked to gives a hoot about the contractors. I get it. But why is it that you have to continue to characterize everyone else so poorly? Why are you so unrelentingly derisive to all the contractors? Now just LOOKING for work to replace that which is obviously on the way out is prowling and whoring?? What's next, calling us "scabs"?

Oh, wait, T-gates already did that. ;) And thank you, sir, I am enjoying Dayton... Nice short drive to work with no jumpseating or other commuting to worry about. It'll be a real pisser when I actually have to FLY to work. :D

Last edited:
I know, Tgates... I was pickin' up what you were puttin' down, as they say.

Oh yes or no? Who the hell knows.

While I don't want them beating down the door at DHL, I do not wish anybody out on the street. If I may, the imataurity of all comments (yours and bloombld) leaves something to be disired. I am sure that the IPA will win in the end and for scopes sake, at every airline, we need somebodies scope to stand firm. I am tired of seeing contracts get pissed on. If I were you I would'nt worry about the newbies desire to piss on your contract, and for the IPA's sake I would stop being so ruthless toward your fellow pilots. Again I hope your scope stands, because mine has been pissed away by ALPA.

Continue to set the bar high and the rest will follow.

FreightNazi said:
Are you saying ugh because you worry about CAT and the other contractors being on the prowl for new work? I'm sure they'd love to talk to Mr. Beljaars about signing on.

goastar said:
While I don't want them beating down the door at DHL, I do not wish anybody out on the street. If I may, the imataurity of all comments (yours and bloombld) leaves something to be disired. I am sure that the IPA will win in the end and for scopes sake, at every airline, we need somebodies scope to stand firm. I am tired of seeing contracts get pissed on. If I were you I would'nt worry about the newbies desire to piss on your contract, and for the IPA's sake I would stop being so ruthless toward your fellow pilots. Again I hope your scope stands, because mine has been pissed away by ALPA.

Continue to set the bar high and the rest will follow.

What in your opinion has the IPA done to be "ruthless" toward other pilots?

now if only Rhoid was still here to help you beat down my oppinion as well we would have a complete thread!

I'll bet "Boomlrd" is on the scab list somewhere. If not, its just around the corner.

Hey guys, let him revel in his additional 6-8 months of flying the menlo stuff, Were going to get paid as if it were ours while they do the work, and at the end of the day, he's still a loser and future scab... Congrats loser...

defensive arent we?

its amazing how guys who make over 200,000 a year are so defensive over guys who are just trying to make a living at a third of what u make....why do you take so much pleasure out of putting contractors out of work.....we need jobs as well! all that people like u do is make us more solid in our efforts to do what we have to to keep our jobs!! besides brown doesnt look good on me.....its not my color!

SCOPE THIS!!!

WHAT CAN BROWN DO TO U?!

Latest resources

Back