• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS contract breach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously UPS pilots forget their history when the UPS airline started with a good many pilots from their contractors who made UPS the Tightest Ship in the Shipping Industry. They have forgotten Evergreen, Ryan, Rosenbalm and the others.

I was a dispatcher at Spirit of America when UPS was getting ready to start doing there own flying - didn't UPS start using Orion's certificate?

Last edited:
Interstate

Don't forget that Interstate was also a UPS carrier and some of thier pilots got on at UPS back in the mid-80's

Last edited:
What would be so harmful to you by integrating us contractors into the IPA, I think we would be alot more supportive in your cause. If the union at UPS is so strong, then I think if we were integrated we might have some pull as well for getting interviews, right? From the latest rumor UPS has extended our contract for a full year, not just till July as was reported to the IPA, sounds like they will continue to use us as a cheaper alternative.

P.S. FreightNazi is Rhoid, so just ignore him, pure flamebait.

i see bringing on more pilots a fantastic idea. the union and membership have supported and proposed many staffing models stating just that--more folks are required. bringing in one group or contract carrier is not the unions call--in the least. the company and the company alone makes the decision who gets to go through the guard shack at 2:00 am.

not that i have any say in this but opinion, i think choosing one group to hire based singularly on their current flying is a poor decision and unfair to many competitive applicants. how about the airtran folks that may wish to hang there hat here, or the fractional pilot, part 135 freight feeders, spirit guys, turboprop 121 pax folks. let's not forget the experience and quality of the military folks. to choose one particular group based on a single point--flying contract menlo freight--would be a disservice to the company and the pilot group. that is to say that a contract carrier should be evaluated and considered based on his or her full portfolio.

LOR, experience and desire seem to be the way folks are getting on.

(looking to see several hundred more folks standing at the coffee line at 3:30 am.)

fbt

I'm sure there are lots more competetive pilots to choose from than those at CAT. Those CAT pilots that post here are all PFT and they say that CAT is full of rejects from other carriers who can't find a job anywhere else. UPS would be stupid beyond belief to integrate the CAT pilots or even give the PREFERENTIAL interviews. If they want to work for UPS, let them apply like you and I have to.

The latest is that UPS will not make the contractual deadline of Dec.20 to hand over the flying due to UPS not wanting to fly TDY out of DAY until the new heavy freight sorts at the existing UPS hubs are finished around the middle of next year. UPS and IPA are currently negotiating a penalty for the contract breach and UPS has stated that they now have a handover date of July 17, 2006. UPS has stated that date is a hard, 100% turnover of flying to the IPA and any breach of that date will be dealt with if needed. The bottom line is this, regardless of what some contractor pilots on this board say, UPS will be handing over ALL of the Menlo flying to the IPA. All of the contractors currently flying Menlo volume will be then free to pursue other flying. If you are a contractor pilot, regardless of what you hear from your management or rumors in DAY, your days(nights) for flying Menlo is numbered.

needapayraise said:
If you are a contractor pilot, regardless of what you hear from your management or rumors in DAY, your days(nights) for flying Menlo is numbered.

We know our days for flying Menlo is numbered (sic.). No shocker there. Thanks for the update. No hub rumors or management tales say otherwise. Your new, shocking information is much appreciated. :D

Latest resources

Back